Guv'na's Tavern

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Definitely! Btw I scared the shit out of myself about an hour ago. I was doing some tuning on the Lexus and I apparently did something the motor REALLY liked. The car damn near spun around in the street. I'm still shaking...

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Pyro15D;1975139 said:
I could probably do that. I take quite a while though since I try to tweak it the cruise really lean for good gas mileage. I get 30mpg on the freeway.
It seems like your good with that stuff. I need to learn.lol

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
Villy253;1975128 said:
Not selling it anymore? I got like 6 people that texted me saying they saw your car on craigslist

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
I'm not getting anyone that will give me a good offer. So time to hang on to it. It's a sign.lol

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Shawn, my reasoning is because megasquirt is simple. You have only a handful of maps you have to tune with Tunerstudio (IMHO the best tuning program out there for megasquirt). Timing, Fuel, Knock detection, Boost control, the main ones really. Having that lack of detail means it is easy to get in the ballpark and get your engine running pretty well. The fact that megasquirt can be set up to have an onboard ignitor makes it really convenient as well. However, AEM is a far more powerful system. With its plethora of maps, you can get more power out of the motor by being able get closer to the bleeding edge where the engine runs best, but is at its most likely to blow if something goes wrong. Megasquirt is also more user friendly than AEM is. I haven't messed with SAFC though.

Villy, I would love to, but it is kind of a custom-tailored install that you do with your car. We could do some sort of tech day install on a car sometime though. The best option would almost be to just send me the harness and I would remove the crap that you don't need anymore (like the ignitor and VSV's) and redo the harness so it was compatible with Megasquirt.