GT40-88 1JZ finished!!!!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Great numbers man.................::w00t::

Now us 1jz guys are only about 300 behind Nate and Duane.

Last edited:

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
drewgo said:
Guys, I just got back from the dyno, I made 468rwhp. On a very very safe tune.
20psi. I got a GT4082
Since you got far more fuel You'll be way way higher than that.

Post the dyno slip Drew! Great numbers bro.....

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
a little more on topic, i think if i have time i might go bother jeff's brother and go take a sneak peek at your car while its in the shop rob :biglaugh:

i want to see it run, but it will be good for now just to see the car sitting there.:icon_bigg

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
drewgo said:
Guys, I just got back from the dyno, I made 468rwhp. On a very very safe tune.
20psi. I got a GT4082
Since you got far more fuel You'll be way way higher than that.

If Rob got a precision GT4088 with the good rear housing, he should be ALOT higher then 468whp on 20psi.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
Im at the shop where his downpipe is being welded up as i type this. the car looks good. :icon_bigg

jason does awesome stuff!

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
drewgo said:
My bad dawg....
Not trying to hijack just offering numbers on your turbo which is very similar perhaps a bit higher since it's a tad bigger. :boink:
GT40-88 has like 20% more flow compared to the GT40-82. It's a little more then a TAD bigger;)

Ric: Of course I got the GT40-88 with .81 precision hot side :)

Mr. Leany Shifter: I didn't have time to pick my car up last night from Jason. I want it :(. Now I have to work till 8:30, go home, get some sleep, take the damn train all the way up north, and get my car. Oooh, I can't wait. I haven't seen it with the new pipes. And yes, Jeff Lange's brother does great work.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
annoyingrob said:
Mr. Leany Shifter: I didn't have time to pick my car up last night from Jason. I want it :(. Now I have to work till 8:30, go home, get some sleep, take the damn train all the way up north, and get my car. Oooh, I can't wait. I haven't seen it with the new pipes. And yes, Jeff Lange's brother does great work.

it'll be worth it when you get it! the downpipe was lookin sexy right before jeff and i left last night.

im still trying to figure out what i want jason to do for my new exhaust so i can drop it off to him next week once that 350z is out of his shop. :(

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
garagefujimoto said:
Friday Race City?
It's not getting tuned until tuesday.

Here's the completed shot of the engine bay. I still need to connect the nipple on the intake pipe into the PCV.
Rebuild%2027.JPG

Only problem is, I drove it home, and noticed the wastegate is stuck open :(. I'm getting zero spool on the turbo. Now I have to wait for it to cool down so I can take it off, and figure out why it's opening with no pressure. It wasn't doing that a few days ago :(

Edit: It wasn't the wastegate. one of the IC pipes under the car wasn't connected. I didn't think it was that because I heard no spool from teh turbo. Turns out the motor just couldn't put out enough air on its own to spin it :)

So it's working great right now. It was running RICH through boost, like 9:1, or 10:1, but holy fuck does it pull hard. I was paying more attentino to the road then the gauges, but I think it was boosting 15.6psi, and it hit that about 4500. There's positive boost from like 2500 onward, creeps up to about 5psi at 4000, then all hell breaks loose, it spikes to 16ish, and you're at 7500.

Stupid thing has compressor surge like a mofo when I let off the gas. I can hear the BOV opening, but it's not venting enough. I think it might be a weak vacuum source, as it's tee'd off a line that has like 5 things tee'd off of it. I'm going to run a dedicated line for it tomorrow, and see if it helps. If not, I may have to move it closer to the throttle, but it should be ok where it is.

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Definately get it it's own vacuum sourse. Your setup sounds like mine in the respect that when the boost does kick in it'll pin you back, but it's not that impressive until then. At 3500 my turbo spools like crazy and will roast the tires in first or second from a punch and not a double clutch. It feels really weak until 3500 though.

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
annoyingrob said:
I
So it's working great right now. It was running RICH through boost, like 9:1, or 10:1, but holy fuck does it pull hard. I was paying more attentino to the road then the gauges, but I think it was boosting 15.6psi, and it hit that about 4500. There's positive boost from like 2500 onward, creeps up to about 5psi at 4000, then all hell breaks loose, it spikes to 16ish, and you're at 7500.

Stupid thing has compressor surge like a mofo when I let off the gas. I can hear the BOV opening, but it's not venting enough. I think it might be a weak vacuum source, as it's tee'd off a line that has like 5 things tee'd off of it. I'm going to run a dedicated line for it tomorrow, and see if it helps. If not, I may have to move it closer to the throttle, but it should be ok where it is.

Boost characteristic are just like mines, @ 4k your smile reaches your ears.
And pulls to redline really nice.

What BOV do you have? I have a 50mm Tial and I had to change my spring to a 7psi spring because I was getting the same thing. I had an 11psi and the surge was killing my turbo.

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
annoyingrob said:
How's your motor doing right now ;)

...I also remember I beat your setup at the 1/4 with my stock twins :)

It's actually being pulled and parted out in favour of a 2JZ. :)

That's because the engine was blown when I attended SCC. :)

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
annoyingrob said:
Here's the car as it sat before I took it in to get the proper IC pipes, and DP made. Stock IC line on the turbo :).
Rebuild%2025.JPG

My biggest surprise, THE FOG LIGHTS STILL FIT. There's maybe 1/2" clearance between the pipes and the lights, but they fit.
Rebuild%2026.JPG

where did you take your car to get your IC and DP done?