GT40-88 1JZ finished!!!!!!

Van Diesel

Powered by vino
Dec 12, 2006
El Paso, Texas
I like ric...haha. But my stock twins made 17 psi by 3000 rpms. It's nowhere near near as fast as my twin k26 kit, but th power hit hard fast and then died off fast too haha.

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
Van Diesel said:
I like ric...haha. But my stock twins made 17 psi by 3000 rpms. It's nowhere near near as fast as my twin k26 kit, but th power hit hard fast and then died off fast too haha.

yeah my dads twins get to 14 psi by 2800 rpms but fall off pretty fast that's where my single car kicks his ass.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
tissimo said:
800s on the stock ecu?

I said in the first post that I'm running an HKS F-Con V-pro, so no, not stock ECU. The v-pro has two different types of fuel tables built into it, one is an injector pulsewidth table, another is a target A/F table. The V-pro runs 100% of the time in a closed loop mode, relying on input from a wideband to fine-tune its pulsewidth map based on what it's target A/F should be in that cell, and what it actually is.

Right now, the V-pro has no restrictions on how much it can trim the pulsewidth map. So, before the car was taken appart, I cranked the fuel pressure up to about 60psi, and let the computer adjust itself, then when I put in the 800cc injectors, the fuel pressure was brought back down to 35psi. What whis did was allow the idle cells to be close enough to actually get the car started. Once it was started, it adjusted itself so it idles right where it should be.

I drove the car up north this afternoon to get my DP connected to my exhaust, and to get some IC pipes finished up (will be done on wednesday). During the drive, the computer has properly adjusted itself for idle, cruise, and full throttle up to about 4psi (I wasn't pushing it that much with my shitty IC pipe setup).

The car goes for dyno tuning next tuesday morning (19th). I can't wait to see what this setup will do. I promise I will post dyno graphs.

Oh man, you can hear the turbo spool over the open downpipe. It's so loud :)

MR. Leany Shifter: I usually work fridays now, but I will make sure I book some off to take this down to the track :) I'll keep you notified as to when this makes its track debut.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That sucks!!!!!! I've got to do some research on this crankwalk because I"ve heard about it lately. How much is it going to hurt your motor and how quick will it hurt it? I was really looking forward to your dyno numbers. I need to geta standalone on my car so I can get my car running better without messing up my timing.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
suprahero said:
That sucks!!!!!! I've got to do some research on this crankwalk because I"ve heard about it lately. How much is it going to hurt your motor and how quick will it hurt it? I was really looking forward to your dyno numbers. I need to geta standalone on my car so I can get my car running better without messing up my timing.

Bout time you MANed up and got rid of that ringy dink stock ECU :evil2:

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
What PSI are you going to dyno on? I fully expect to see close to 500whp on 93 octane fuel.

Check your turbo for shaft play. I'm sending mine back this week to Precision for warranty work. Mine was bad out of the box.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Rebuild%2021.JPG

Crankwall see picture above :nono:

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Ric said:
What PSI are you going to dyno on? I fully expect to see close to 500whp on 93 octane fuel.
I fully expect to see a lot more then 500hp on 94. At that sort of flow, this turbo's at peak efficiency.

As for boost numbers, First I'm going to see what sort of WG spring is in this thing (I think it's 1bar). Then, I'm going to crank it up to 20psi or so.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Here's the car as it sat before I took it in to get the proper IC pipes, and DP made. Stock IC line on the turbo :).
Rebuild%2025.JPG

My biggest surprise, THE FOG LIGHTS STILL FIT. There's maybe 1/2" clearance between the pipes and the lights, but they fit.
Rebuild%2026.JPG

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
fstlane88 said:
You mentioned you're using a kit for the power steering cooler, what kit is it?
The power steering cooler being that green one above the IC? It was included in the intercooler kit, which is a JZA80 HKS R-Type intercooler kit.

The one in front of the IC is the stock hydro fan cooler that I just relocated.

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
Guys, I just got back from the dyno, I made 468rwhp. On a very very safe tune.
20psi. I got a GT4082
Since you got far more fuel You'll be way way higher than that.