Godspeed aluminum radiators?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Since IJ reminded me, I'll tell ya. Allowing the rad to ground against the frame turns it into a big anode. The current will erode the metal in the rad and deposit it elsewhere in your motor. It's only a matter of time before the metal erodes to the point where you pop a leak.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I believe member slow supra has one of these as well, shit if you can get mounting pieces for the top you'd have nice, cheap radiator.

Doward is moving into his new house at the moment and he told me he's got a nice garage setup, hope he doesn't mind me saying.

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
so these come with the mounting tabs on the bottom, and they fit perfectly?! thats very surprising. looks like it sits a little higher, no hood clearance issues?

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
i know its a problem on the plastic tanks if u don't use the rubber cuz the vibrations and movement can crack the tank, i've seen that. Suppose the same could happen to the aluminum too, that and the whole grounding thing, so there are multiple reason.

The Doc

JZA70 twinpower
Aug 5, 2005
Netherlands
lppro said:
i have one it allready has the brackets on the bottom and fits perfectley the only thing you have to do is make upper mounts. i just used some alm. flat stock. it took all of 30min. and it cools a HELL of a lot better than stock...

sm_photo_missing.jpg
Looks good lppro. Got mine in, just today. But how/where did you put the Temperature Sensor? Do you have a picture of that? Or did you shift it somewhere else? (As Godspeed is adv. with "Complete with polished upper/lower end tanks and Temperature-Sensor Port" and I only see a drain plug).

Last edited:

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
lppro said:

Yea, that looks so hacked. </Sarcasm>

Cheaper alternatives are always good, not everyone needs the Highest performance, best fitting, blingy-est, most expensive, "name brand quality" product.

Theres more options then Stock and best of the best. If you would like best of the best you know what to buy and how much your going to spend, but don't shut out the better then stock, mid-level, less expensive parts.

Looks good lppro. :bigthumb:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
LOL, Ian, I didn't know you cared man!

As for the radiator, it's on my back burner project right now. Like Jeff (7MBoost) mentioned, I'm moving into my new place still, while working 3 jobs and going to school full time, so I'm a busy mofo.

Yes, you must COMPLETELY isolate the radiator, electrically speaking, for exactly why jdub mentioned.

I'll be updating this, but it may very well be a few weeks before I can :( I'm very busy helping Aaron with the piston group buy in my free time, so I want to get that taken care of, before moving on.

I'll admit, I have a very bad habit of loading myself up with too much at once - I want to take care of one thing, before moving to another!

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
nosechunks said:
Yea, that looks so hacked. </Sarcasm>

Cheaper alternatives are always good, not everyone needs the Highest performance, best fitting, blingy-est, most expensive, "name brand quality" product.

Theres more options then Stock and best of the best. If you would like best of the best you know what to buy and how much your going to spend, but don't shut out the better then stock, mid-level, less expensive parts.

Just because something isn't as expensive and doesn't fit as well doesnt mean its not the best. It can still out perform the others or work just the same. With big name products your paying for that big name and that doesnt mean they will perform any better than others. Like the HKS SSQV, it costs an arm and a leg and there are many other BOV's that work much better. I read a report where they charted many different BOV's and HKS was on the lower end of the spectrum, i'll have to dig around and find it. I know you weren't raggin on the GodSpeed but its the same size as the Koyo isn't it? Why dont we flow test someones Koyo and someone's Godspeed and see how they are? Has that already been done?

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Grimsta said:
Just because something isn't as expensive and doesn't fit as well doesnt mean its not the best. It can still out perform the others or work just the same. With big name products your paying for that big name and that doesnt mean they will perform any better than others. Like the HKS SSQV, it costs an arm and a leg and there are many other BOV's that work much better. I read a report where they charted many different BOV's and HKS was on the lower end of the spectrum, i'll have to dig around and find it. I know you weren't raggin on the GodSpeed but its the same size as the Koyo isn't it? Why dont we flow test someones Koyo and someone's Godspeed and see how they are? Has that already been done?

This is exactly what im saying, it seems that when ever someone brings up a more cost effective non Name Brand part it gets downed because of "fitment" or lack of warranty or because its not as "proven" as the name brand parts. im 150% all for new parts that are cost effective and an upgrade from stock.

Im still waiting to see someone make the 2j upper to 7m lower intake manifold adapter, But thats for another thread.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
don't care about "proven," or lack of warranty (OEM parts have a one year). I worry about quality and fitment is part of that