Godspeed aluminum radiators?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
sorry, but there are plenty of drop in radiators for our cars, why mess with one of these that at best would looked hacked in the engine bay?

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
i think doward has got it under control. go for it and take pics. i have access to a tig welder, but i just spent over $3500 to finish my turbo parts (which ill be taking pics of)........ so needless to say im a little tight on cash.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Poodles: I just came across these, and thought they'd be good for others on a tight budget.

Justin: The Koyo requires modification for the 7M installation, does it not? If I were looking at two radiators, both require modification, I'd take the cheaper of the two. ;) I'm not saying the fit and finish of this is near a PWR, but at almost 1/2 the price - I'm wondering how it might work out.

I'll probably snag one this weekend, and find out for all here :)

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Well I would buy it...
All the aftermarket stuff for my car I made the bracket and fitments myself.
It takes more time and effort but its a good way to learn more about the car.

Some people are able to be creative and do the work themselves whereas others prefer to buy drop in parts...

Cheers,
Roy

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Doward said:
Poodles: I just came across these, and thought they'd be good for others on a tight budget.

Justin: The Koyo requires modification for the 7M installation, does it not? If I were looking at two radiators, both require modification, I'd take the cheaper of the two. ;) I'm not saying the fit and finish of this is near a PWR, but at almost 1/2 the price - I'm wondering how it might work out.

I'll probably snag one this weekend, and find out for all here :)

The koyo radiator mounts EXACTLY like the stock radiator, you just have to make two aluminum tabs to hold the 7m fan shroud on. Fabbing mounts to hold your radiator in place will never look right, and welding on a radiator I just paid good money for is something I'd look to avoid. I'd rather spend the extra hundred or so and get a Koyo. I guarantee you the build quality and materials are better, let alone fitment and performance.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
metal tabs, getting the aux. fans to mount up, trimming the lower mounts, putting a plug in the bottom...

If you're really good, it's all bolt on (well, the aux. fans are modified a bit)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I've got a Godspeed Aluminum radiator for the MA70 on the way.

No sense in starting a new thread, so I'll update this one with my findings when it arrives.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
It's listed as a dual core, 52mm thick, completely aluminum.

I paid $240 shipped. I'll most likely go ahead and just have 2 pieces of aluminum round stock welded to the bottom, just to make it easier to keep in place ;)

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Doward said:
It's listed as a dual core, 52mm thick, completely aluminum.

I paid $240 shipped. I'll most likely go ahead and just have 2 pieces of aluminum round stock welded to the bottom, just to make it easier to keep in place ;)
ahh.. I might be thinking of that hastings one or whatever then.. I was thinking this one was 299$ when a koyo is liek 320. 240 isn't bad if a little custom fab is required.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
godspeed looks EXACTLY like the haste... probably is made in the exact same chinese factory and is the exact same part...

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Ian's got a point - it's always nice that the product just fits :D

But hell, I was planning on a Griffen from Summit anyway - this at least already has the mounts for the shroud/Aux fans ;)

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
supra_ed said:
GET OUT THE BAG OF ZIP-TIES AND GET READY TO CURSE!!!! but those godspeed intercoolers come with warrantee , right??
i am anti-zip tie...seriously!! i might have 1 under my dash holding some alarm wires.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
LOL.

Just a quick bump on this - I just got off the phone with the company I purchased this through, and the guy I spoke with seems interested in fixing the fact that the radiator does not have the studs on the bottom like it should - might be able to get that straightened out.

My own radiator should be here by the end of the week, I'm told. Pics and all of it after it arrives!