Godspeed aluminum radiators?

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
IJ. said:
Mk3 is a bitch to mount anything that's not a direct fit due to the shape of the Rad Support panel :(
GET OUT THE BAG OF ZIP-TIES AND GET READY TO CURSE!!!! but those godspeed intercoolers come with warrantee , right??

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
but really, godspeed does carry a warrantee-at least on the intercooler my buddy bought for his supra. looks like they do decent work

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
It would probably too much hasle to make it fit decently Doward, but someone's got to do it! But for the price, it would be up to you to decide if it's worth the time and effort to customize it to make it fit, or just fork out a little extra for a drop in replacement with a good reputation. ;)

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
Looks like about 15 minutes with a bench vice, a drill and some flat aluminium stock...hardly seems a hassle for someone needing an upgrade radiator on a tight budget. If you wanted to get really fancy, add some of the stick on silicone beads/bumpers they have in the furniture asile at the hardware store so the mounts cant abrade the radiator.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I'd be more worried about the bottom fitting, not the top of the radiator, look closely and the pic, there's no way you could make it fit in the stock locations unless you had access to a tig welder and some AL round stock, which I'm betting most of us don't ;). You would have to hack up the lower rad. support to make it work. I don't car too much for hacking the body of my supra, but that's just me...

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
For $240-$270 shipped, that makes it about $190-$160 cheaper than the PWR one.

I'd make some mounts, and use that extra $150-$170 to pick up my gauges ;)

Let me put it this way - if someone were planning on picking up a Griffin or Summit brand aluminum radiator, and custom mounting it, I think this Godspeed radiator would be a better choice, since it has the mounting points for the Aux fans, and the fan shroud.

So nobody's used one? I'm kicking around the idea of picking one up, to give a little review on....

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I say go for it that way other's will know what they're getting thereselves into before they buy it. It will work, you'll just have to do some cutting on the body of the supra.

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
why cut? fab a couple of legs for it to sit in. A "[" shaped bracket for the rad to sit in with a dowel welded on them to go in the rubber plugs. Shouldn't take more than 15 or 20 minutes to make.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Better be some thick brackets, a regular AL bracket would most likely bend under the weight once that rad is full of coolant/water. Vibrations won't help either. Better use a couple extra brackets to be safe...