FORCED Rebuild or part out coming

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
89jdm7m said:
:rant2: WTF is wrong w/ people???

You just have to overlook DaSoup. He asks dumb questions all the time...........:biglaugh:

Soup, don't hate me cause I'm beautiful...........lol

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I guess there's trash evrywhere. I just got lucky enough to meet one of them.

No Soup, haven't got the hood up yet. I've been working a lot, and concentrating on getting the motor together for the 87. Once that motor is in, I will definitely get that hood up. I just need transportation first.

I think to follow suit with my "Boys", I think I'll add a line to my sig. It's gonna read...........When I die, I want to be buried in my back yard with all the dead Supras.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
ForcedTorque said:
I think to follow suit with my "Boys", I think I'll add a line to my sig. It's gonna read...........When I die, I want to be buried in my back yard with DaSoup and Suprahero.

O.K. Scott, I'm a little bit frightened now. I won't be answering my door anytime soon....................:biglaugh:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well, here's an update.........

1. Got hood up finally on the Grey car today, and this is what I see. It's not as bad as I suspected. What I can tell of the frame, is that THIS CAR IS REBUILDABLE. I'm no body man, so I could be wrong, but I think it will be fine. Save that bumper for me Jay, I will probably be coming to see you just after Christmas. What do you guys think........is the motor a little crooked, or does it just seem that way because the core support is not straight? Could I have broken motor mounts,bent exhaust, or bad driveshaft/differential/tranny mounts?

p429070_1.jpg

2. I got my radiator and oil cooler professionally cleaned out today for the white car. Tomorrow, I will get them installed, get the fan put on, and get my fuel line right (hopefully). Then I will make my first attempt to start the car. Maybe I will be driving it to work on Monday. I will post pictures as soon as I get it running, and wash it. I also will want to swap the wheels over from the grey car before those pics.

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
I think you need to get more shit off before you actually analyse if its rebuildable,how are your frame rails? (they hold your bumper support on) are those bent or fucked up? your motor looks pretty crooked. take more shit off, then analyze.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Hey brother. I've still got the bumper and you can HAVE my stock radiator and intercooler. I also have the pipes if you need them. I'm sorry the clip is shot. There's nothing useable on it. Let me know if you need anything from me, and you know it's yours...............lol

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well, I got most of the front end taken of today, and I didn't like what I found. I have a picture of the frame rail I couldn't see. Also, I saw the other frame rail, and it's much worse than I thought. I didn't get a picture of that one today, maybe tomorrow. YThe bad side doesn't go straight down as it looks in the pic, but does drop at about a 45 degree angle.Here's the bad side................................

p465383_1.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
So ya, keep an eye out for the part out. It's more likely now than ever. I just don't know yet how much of it I'm gonna get rid of. So, if you have an 89 up body to get rid of that's not 1000+ miles away, hit me up.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Im so sorry Scott!!!

On a brighter note the White car looks great in the sig. When I get down there in a few weeks I will have to buy you a beer......:cry:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Here's a couple shots after i got the rest of the front end apart. Check out how untouched th rest of the car is from the doors back. I've got an old burgundy hood on, just to cover the motor. By looking at my earlier frame pic, and this first pic, maybe some of you guys can tell me before the body man gets here. I don't have much hope for it.

p468022_1.jpg

p468022_2.jpg

p468022_3.jpg