fastest youve ever been in a car.

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
153 in supra completely stock except for 3in from t-elbow back
(90 supra turbo 5spd):icon_bigg

184(maxed out) on a gxsr 750 on Ohio street in Clinton, MO scariest thing ever (im man enough to admit i pee'd my pants a little bit):aigo:

130ish in a crown vic friend of mine is a po po so i got to test the 5-0 roller out(it was the new car at the time):evil2:

i plan to build an mk3 to do 200+ after i get my shop open in a few years:evil2: that will be fun

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
NOOOOOOOOOO YOU ASSY

can i drive it plz:naughty: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :aigo:

ps i hate you jon lol jk

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
pegged the 88T. 6K rpm in 5th, 3.91 diff. I did this while walking away from a sherriff on a back road. he saw me at 110, so why not just go ~30 mph faster than his speed limit of 129...

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
135 in heavy cross winds, i backed off when i started to litteraly take off on the crests and floated over two lanes, to the left.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
153 in my blown Chevy II
145 in my IROC
130ish in my Trans AM
125 on a ZX-6 (now that is scary)
Ive yet to break 100 in any of my sup's (just not enough trust in them yet)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Time for another RPM vs speed explination. With a 3.91 rear and an R154 in the 87-88, the fuel cut speed is just short of 170 mph, as indicated in Adjusters claim, with stock tire diameter.

5500 RPM with stock tire diameter is approximately 140 mph.

RPM= trans ratio x diff ratio x mph x 336/ tire diameter

is the basic formula to figure mph vs speed. There are other variations were the formula is a little different with different variable, but it gets you the same result.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
ooohh..i have a chevy 2 story too

about 140 it wasn't so much the speed,as how fast it got there

i was about to crap my pants, he backed out

was a built 455 olds, got like 4 mpg on highway

drove a corolla(what was the first year for fwd?) 130 downhill, after a long run-up when i was young and stupid...i was young and stupid!

but my all time favorite speeding stunt was 91 in...a ford FESTIVA!

i only know this because that is what the sheriff wrote the ticket for, while shaking his head.
this was back in the 55mph days....i have no idea why i wasn't taken in on it

exander

Anything but Lurker
May 23, 2006
colorado
Fastest, I have been has been about 120-125 while I was driving(not sure on excact speedo only went 120) And scariest time was in the passenger seat going 115 on a dirt road at night that is known for deer being on them. I about shit my pants, worst of all it was in a Jeep Grand Cherokee:1zhelp:

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
If were going to bring in 4x4`s, i did 110 in my 77 Gmc k15. Its got 10in of lift and 35in tires. Its gets 6mpg! Thats because: lead foot+396 big block+4.11 gears. Thats SCARY on the highway, but on the country back roads....weeeee!

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I thought the rear ratio is 373 on the Turbo from 87 to 88 with the R154?

Here is something to think about.
While bounding along, bouncing off the rev limiter in 5th gear, I was passed by a very built hard top MK4 with a rev limit of 9k.

Later talking to the owner, he says he passed me at over 190mph, and came close to 200, but then backed off. (The pressure wake from his car at that speed moved me around a few inches in my lane, even with pretty good downforce on the Supra, it does generate some lift at that type of speeds, and on that particular day, I had not fitted the undertray... )

A few things that will help keep the Supra planted at speeds above 100mph.
1) Reverse hood vents.
2) Splitter type undertray that replaces the stock one, and runs to the engine cross member like the stock one.
3) Lowered car. (Less air under the car.)
4) Gurney lip on the stock rear wing, or whatever aftermarket grocery cart push bar you want to attach to the Supra. (Actually there are a few very nicely done low mount wings with the wing hanging off the rear hatch lid that extend the "distance" the air has to go to exit the rear upper edge of the car that are nicely done.)
5) Smooth underside pan with small spoilers to detach the air just forward of the rear crossmember. Then a smooth blended rear diffuser and venturi strakes to suck air from under the rear of the car.

All of that except for the wing change might be done one of these days... (In a few years... LOL)

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
Adjuster said:
4) Gurney lip on the stock rear wing, or whatever aftermarket grocery cart push bar you want to attach to the Supra. (Actually there are a few very nicely done low mount wings with the wing hanging off the rear hatch lid that extend the "distance" the air has to go to exit the rear upper edge of the car that are nicely done.)
5) Smooth underside pan with small spoilers to detach the air just forward of the rear crossmember. Then a smooth blended rear diffuser and venturi strakes to suck air from under the rear of the car.

All of that except for the wing change might be done one of these days... (In a few years... LOL)

pictures i say!