Electric Fans 1 or 2

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
if the big single can move the same or more air as two smaller ones, get the larger one. i personally dont like my spal fans, sounds like a god damn tornado under my hood... and its only running 1 fan. but i never use it anyways... haha

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Two fans. Especially in cars with A/C.

Also I've come to find that you can scavenge better quality OEM fans at the junkyard than you can buy from aftermarket suppliers. I've gone both routes and I've had better luck with the scavenged fans.

I'm currently running dual fans from a later model Subaru wagon that had 4wd and the factory tow package (bigger fans). They fit perfect (with a little trimming of the Subaru OEM shroud) and work better than any of the aftermarket fans I tried, and I tried alot of them. I'm using a hayden electronic thermo-switch. Beautiful man.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I have two Aisin (read: Toyota OEM) fans on mine that fit the radiator perfectly. I was not the one to convert however, it was the previous owner, but an excellent idea. They are wired to a switch under the dash that I keep on always when around town and turn off on the highway. Such an easy excellent way to get a few extra HP, less noise over the stock fan, and plenty more room to work with.

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
Running the Flex-A-Lite Dual 210 fan set up here. (dual 12 inch fans, fits supra radiator almost perfectly) Have had no real problems to speak of so far other than an install error on my part the first time I installed them.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
just make sure its a real upgrade not a downgrade. a lot of electric fans cant outflow a stock setup and i am a firm believer that if its not as good as stock... then no wonder your car is not running :)

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
Well, for most people the stock fan shroud took a crap a while ago. I've run one 12in. fan in 95+ degree weather around here with no troubles. My current setup has the fans (2-12in.) in front of the radiator, where the ac condensor used to be. Who needs a/c in a targa topped car?

I don't

-Devon Goodspeed

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
I hated my electric fans... Stock 10 blade with a shroud should be sufficient for pretty much anybody. Oh, and not having a shroud is a horrible reason to switch to electric fans, the shroud is ~70 new.

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
I vote 0 electric fans.

I would keep the stock fan clutch. And if it's shot and you don't have $150 to waste on a new one, there is a neat thread lurking around here explaining how to check/rebuild your factory one. Just have to search.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
meh i never liked my clutch fan robs power and bunch of other stuff

why i like my eletrical fan and dislike cltuch fans

i can have the car runing and pull my fuse and then no fan noise can hear my car run and dignoise it better

warms up faster pull fuse when doing flush

car enigne bay temps run cooler since i run my fan full time

more thottle respones

no why is hell whould you liek stock clutch fan i may ask

your mom droped you on your head as child

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Only thing that bothers me about is it sounds a truck..and takes a while to warm up.

Cant search "fan"... ugh.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
alloyguitar;980739 said:
Well, for most people the stock fan shroud took a crap a while ago.

So get a new fan shroud.

I've run .....here with no troubles.

These seem to be famous last words for em kay 3 owners for many topics.

As long as you can pull enough air when you need to pull it, and over the entire core, then the method isn't that important. But the engine, contrary to your beliefs, has more power than that small electric motor pushing the fan.