Divorced Downpipe

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
gaboonviper85;1432971 said:
Wastegate makes it's own unique sound which is why you hear it

you don't think i would hear the leak unless it was minimal since i can hear the wg open?

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
relax, its not useless.
install it and see how you like it.
then make plans on the whole tab situation

BrandonW;1432987 said:
you don't think i would hear the leak unless it was minimal since i can hear the wg open?
if you have an exhaust leak, you should be able to spot it at idle. try blocking off the muffler for a little bit, it makes spotting it a little easier

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
BrandonW;1432987 said:

You can hear the wastgate open in a regular downpipe that's not divided....esentially you have a normal downpipe with a funny looking tube...so no I don't think you'd hear it as it never actually leaves the exhaust system...think about it a bit...with a divorced dp you'll have non muffled exhaust leak that will indeed be annoying but if you reroute back into the exhaust you esentially eliminate said leak...it would be damn near impossible too hear...

But yes in a regular aftermarket non divorced dp you can still hear the wastegate start too open.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
theKnifeArtist;1432988 said:
relax, its not useless.
then make plans on the whole tab situation

if you have an exhaust leak, you should be able to spot it at idle. try blocking off the muffler for a little bit, it makes spotting it a little easier

He doesn't have a "leak" as his ddp is recirculated....you missed what he is talking about

supra_guy

Aug 18, 2009
Illinois
Hey guys just talked to Rob. He says he will get it fixed asap. either they send me a new one or i send him mine back and he gets it precisely put on into place.

<3 935 motorsports.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
gaboonviper85;1432994 said:
You can hear the wastgate open in a regular downpipe that's not divided....esentially you have a normal downpipe with a funny looking tube...so no I don't think you'd hear it as it never actually leaves the exhaust system...think about it a bit...with a divorced dp you'll have non muffled exhaust leak that will indeed be annoying but if you reroute back into the exhaust you esentially eliminate said leak...it would be damn near impossible too hear...

But yes in a regular aftermarket non divorced dp you can still hear the wastegate start too open.

true... hmm i don't know what my old stock set up sounded like because i had a crack in my stock downpipe for a good while lol

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
supra_guy;1432998 said:
Hey guys just talked to Rob. He says he will get it fixed asap. either they send me a new one or i send him mine back and he gets it precisely put on into place.

<3 935 motorsports.

Awesome...I'm excited too see if he fallows threw in resonable time!

relax, its not useless.

it is when you fully understand the theroy behind dividing the two systems...read up as it's more than just a noise maker.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
BrandonW;1433003 said:
true... hmm i don't know what my old stock set up sounded like because i had a crack in my stock downpipe for a good while lol

Using a stock elbow is a bad refrence as it has horrid flow...put a normal downpipe on and boost automaticly rises as shit flows tenfold

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
supra_guy;1433011 said:
gaboon did u make that ddp urself

No I purchased it from the original company that designed them...because I can performance for $443 shipped...located in British Columbia Canada.

No disrespect towards you or anyone rocking a chinaman ddp...but they are copies of bic's design if I'm not mistaken.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
gaboonviper85;1433009 said:
Using a stock elbow is a bad refrence as it has horrid flow...put a normal downpipe on and boost automaticly rises as shit flows tenfold

haha yeah i know i went from a fully stock exhaust system with a clogged dp cat and a crack in the dp to just the elbow and catback (took the dp off so my car could breath and it also sounded beast that ct never sounded so loud) then to the knockoff ddp bic testpipe and hks dragger exhaust

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
I've got a BIC DDP on mine into 3" all the way back to Apexi NI Muffler. Sounds close to the HKS Super Dragger on my bro's MKIV. I guess mine does have the tab. As soon as I hit boost, you can hear it dump, and it is loud.

I got this one, except without the optional coating...

p1433056_1.jpg

supra_guy

Aug 18, 2009
Illinois
So I just got done talking to Robert. The only thing he can do is refund me if I want...apparently they don't make them with the tab anymore....Im sick of waiting I think Ill just get SP to weld me the tab on.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
So ofcousre 935 won't edit his site too say "these craptastic downpipes will cause a massive exhaust leak aswell as throw the theroy of a divorced dp out the window"...

Sorry for your issues...I feel like I pop'd your awesome birthday balloon then knocked your icecream cone in the dirt:-(

but seriously...any awesome deal from chinaman 935 is about as awesome as being punched in the jewels:-(

supra_guy

Aug 18, 2009
Illinois
Different in a bad way? It has the hks downpipe (the one that uses the stock turbo elbow) and a test pipe instead of a cat. And also I cut off the secondary muffler and welded a piece of straight pipe.