Divorced Downpipe

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
i ordered this ddp from 935 too but since it was taking so long to get them i opted for a refund since i need my car up and running asap. i'm glad i canceled now seeing how supra_guy's ddp turned out.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
gaboonviper85;1432951 said:
Yours is recirc that's why you can't hear the exhaust leak.....they all will leak but I hope the my bic won't leak in a major way as mine is divorced.

When I was running a BIC DDP, there was no noticeable exhaust leak sound.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
shaeff;1434082 said:
When I was running a BIC DDP, there was no noticeable exhaust leak sound.

Brandon has the chinaman ddp that's remarried....his probably doesn't have the tab either.....

Yours and my bic ddp all have tabs....this is why the exhaust leak is minimal...brandon can't hear his massive leak because it's remarried...

Not a fan of explaining myself when if all info was read before posting you'd understand what I was saying

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
here is a picture when the teardown of the engine started, it changed color from the heat but that doesn't matter because im going to have it ceramic coated anyway after i have my wideband bung welded in, you can see the tab better in this picture
p1434294_1.jpg

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
well they were available on ebay also some came with tabs and some didn't (someone even got one off ebay and got a ddp for a 7mgte in a mkii) maybe, if not i don't remember, 935 was getting them from someone that was also selling them on ebay but i would assume he would check them before sending them out maybe that was not the case with this one or others

when he sent mine out (and the others he had in stock at the time) he said he was going to check fitment and make sure the tab lined up and was straight and not bent or anything for the ones he had at that time

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
gaboonviper85;1434202 said:
Brandon has the chinaman ddp that's remarried....his probably doesn't have the tab either.....

Yours and my bic ddp all have tabs....this is why the exhaust leak is minimal...brandon can't hear his massive leak because it's remarried...

Not a fan of explaining myself when if all info was read before posting you'd understand what I was saying

Yes, I know. I did in fact read the entire thread. I was simply making a statement explaining that my quality BIC DDP didn't make any noticeable noise, even when cold. ;)

supra_guy

Aug 18, 2009
Illinois
It just pissed me off that in the item description and picture before I bought it, it SHOWED the ddp with the tab....I mean really...I wait MONTHS AND MONTHS and I get a fucked up one...

supra_guy

Aug 18, 2009
Illinois
Does anyone know the specifications on where this tab should be welded? I need to give SP some sort of idea on where to put it.

supra_guy

Aug 18, 2009
Illinois
I have to be honest with you guys though. Rob is still a great guy, he sent me a god damn Greddy Turbo Timer for free just because of this silly downpipe mistake, I mean how many sellers actually send you cool free shit?

-thanks rob

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
i didn't have a problem with my ddp or customer service (although i didn't have a problem where customer service was needed), tab was there, fitment was fine and it came in a timely manner (a week) there was a sale at the time i purchased and he claimed to test fit them before sending them out to make sure everything was ok, so my experience was good