Divorced Downpipe

supra_guy

Aug 18, 2009
Illinois
Hey Guys Im sure you all remember my thread bashing Rob @ 935 motorsports but after finally waiting, Im glad I did.

This downpipe is amazing and I can't wait to throw it on. Do you guys think I should just go ahead and go 3.5 inch straightpipe?

p1432833_1.jpg

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
From purchase date too delivery how long did you wait? How well does it seal too the turbo?....is there a divider between the wastegate and turbo?....

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
hey gaboon mine was fine didn't notice any leaks and the tab seemed to divided, mine is recirculated though which i like

Do you guys think I should just go ahead and go 3.5 inch straightpipe?
i would just go with a 3inch

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
BrandonW;1432872 said:
hey gaboon mine was fine didn't notice any leaks and the tab seemed to divided, mine is recirculated though which i like

If someone comes across a divorced downpipe that doesnt leak, please do tell the secret. I would modify mine.

they all leak

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I have the original chinese made DDP (same thing as this). Doesn't leak at the falnge, but the divider isn't tight (not like it's going to matter, they all will leak) and fitment isn't good. Not to mention the flex section is in the wrong place and is in the perfect place to snag speedbumps...

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
BrandonW;1432872 said:

i would just go with a 3inch

Yours is recirc that's why you can't hear the exhaust leak.....they all will leak but I hope the my bic won't leak in a major way as mine is divorced.

supra_guy

Aug 18, 2009
Illinois
Yea I know wtf, In the product pictures it shows a tab too...Ill have to call him tomorrow, or ill just have SP weld me a little tip. Doesn't seem like a job that needs to be unbelievably precise. I am a little pissed it does not have it though.

Anyway, its stainless steel, should I still coat it with some rust proof paint?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Mine has the tab. If it doens't have a tab it's worthless and you might as well run an open downpipe...

Edit: it has to be precise for it to seal properly. Too long and youleak from the flange (or crack it), too short and it leaks out the dump pipe. Also, location is important, too high and you're into the turbine, too low and you hold the WG closed.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
gaboonviper85;1432951 said:
Yours is recirc that's why you can't hear the exhaust leak.....they all will leak but I hope the my bic won't leak in a major way as mine is divorced.

but i could hear when the wg opens so maybe its minimal?

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
i wonder if you could somehow attach some crush gasket-like material around the tab. Something that would seat when installing the pipe and create a full seal. that would be ideal..

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
supra_guy;1432975 said:
:( So should I send it back?

I would...but good luck with that...this is why I got a bic made of steel over the chinaman stainless...I want something worth buying and spending the extra $200 was worth the peace of mind...although I had my mother buy mine for my bday lol.