Clear Tail lights....What do you think? (Check it out)

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
my dad was involved in a similar accident about 15 years ago. he had a mk2 supra. i dont really remember it much, but i knew it was really shiny and dark.
anywho..back then we lived in the "hood" if you will, his car was parked on the side of the street. and one morning we went outside only to find his car completely smashed. it was still driveable, but smashed on one side. with no luck, he looked for weeks to try and figure out if someone that lives in or frequently visits our neighborhood hit his car. and one day(about 3 months after the accident), while at work, the guy came to him and confessed that he was the asshole who hit the car. he claimed that he was drunk at the time of the accident. being the nice guy he is, my dad did not press charges...but made him pay to fix the car.

you never know man...sometimes it work out pretty nicely
good luck

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
ok just back from watching the tape.

it was a more information finding viewing but not what i wanted.

pretty much at around 2:09AM a SILVER JEEP CHEROKEE (newer 2000+) came around the corner of my complex and pulled up to the gate to LEAVE...then for no reason i know of they backed up pretty much directly into my car. they sat there for about 10-15 seconds. then pulled forward to the gate again. the gate opened and they left. why they backed up to begin with is beyond me.

so now i know what car is was. however no license plate :( ....if its someone who lives here i might be able to spot the car now a silver jeep with passenger side rear damage would be pretty simple to connect. (im assuming the red on my car is from the tail lights of the jeep. it also has a yellowish front plate on it (im hoping its a vanity plate and not a front plate from another state).

so right now im pretty much just going to look around the complex a few times a day for the next week or so....and hope i can find it. if they dont live here or have a garage and i dont see it leaving etc then im probably screwed here.

*sigh*

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
You know I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone like that was from Jersey.

BTW... LOVE the thread title!

Last edited:

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
LilMissMkIII said:
Good luck finding the wanker that did this!

JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED.

ok so after coming back from dinner i did a quick once over around the parking lot. and lo and behold look what i found backed into a spot (gee wonder why) around the corner from my apt.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

and finally you know those couple of plastic rivets i found on the ground by my car...well look whats on the bottom of the wheel well barely holding it on because its missing a couple

sm_photo_missing.jpg

DING FUCKING DING. its a jeep liberty. white paint matches up....i find it funny my bumper didnt crack it just scuffed as it completely destroyed the jeeps bumper and fender. gotta love the tank.

so i called the cops AGAIN and pretty much demanded that someone come out and give me a report. finally they did. told me cant get them for hit and run because i couldnt identify that she was the driver but in the end they wrote here a "IMPROPER BACKING" ticket for $115 and 4 points. so thats something.

plus now i have all her info and whatnot.

she lied through her teeth to me about it so fuck her.

what is my next step here guys. obviously i need to get estimates to fix it all up. my car is pealr white so the whole car needs to be painted otherwise the hatch and bumper wont match ...guess shes paying for a complete paintjob. i also need a new spoiler, tail lights, moulding piece, bumper, and hatch.

so pretty much im going to get quotes for all of this stuff and the paintjob and body work to fix it all. then i need to decide if i should see if her insurance company is going to pay for it (yeah right they will think the car needs to be totalled...or do they not have a choice if i have the estimates?), or should i just sue her ass for all the damages and see if i cant get punitive damages on top of that for her being a bitch and hit and running.

anyone have experience in this?

i have all thisevidence of her doing it (tape,pics of my and her cars damage, police report, ticket to her, etc etc)

one more dumb bitch thinking she got away with something is now fucked.

Last edited:

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I don't think the insurance company has a choice, you have video and the cops even wrote here a ticket indicating that that vehicle was the one that caused damage to your vehicle. Sorry about the damage man.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
LilMissMkIII said:
Nice detective work mate!

Even though she's a female, i'm still calling her a fking wanker lol

WANKERS FTMFL! lol

Is that some Australian asshole word, know what it would be equivlent to in US? lol

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
Way to go Jason. I would go with the lawsuit and probably get more $$ than what the insurance will agree to pay. She's got no way out of this. :nono: