chrome sawblades?????

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
to date i have seen 2 sets of what look to be crome sawblades i was just wondering was this some kind of option or is it somthing people have done?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
they're just sanded-down and polished stockers...

sawblades only came in white, gray and black...

EDIT: like this, right?

31575724fullwo7.jpg

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
chrome sawblades coming right up... like freakin' mirrors! I took this pic in person so I can vouch for how freakin' cool these things look.

Attachments

• chromeblades.jpg
    chromeblades.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 319

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
^I'm doing that myself too :) Tell me how you've done em, PM me maybe :):)
p513474_1.jpg

That's a good angle, from above they aren't so nice, cause my shit skills :)

Last edited:

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
yea, i want to kno the process of getting them bladez to look that nice too. So there IS a difference in POLISHED blades and CRHOME right? For the CHROME ones do i have to get them sprayed? I would love to know more about it. Doing this mod until enough money is saved for new rims.^_^

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
You'll also need the metal center caps for the sawbladz to look complete, which are hard to come by from what I've heard. Most center caps are plastic (like mine).

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Before you all get your hand polishers out you might wanna find out from a local chrome shop or wheel shop just what it costs to have the stock wheels polished to a mirror finish. I know that if you have them chromed which looked awesome in the pics, they usually polish the rims to a mirror finish prior to the plating. Also if you do have them chromed, even plastic center pieces can be chromed, just remove the spring clip.

Sportriderseattle

Nov 5, 2006
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
actually, many Toyota dealerships offered the chrome wheels as options, likely thru a vendor, not the manufacture. You can tell which ones came from dealerships as the insides of all the cutouts are painted black. I had a set on my 86.5 that I purchased off ebay and just sold them on ebay a month or so ago. I just replaced them with 17" MKIV twin turbo polished wheels and I love these ones!

There are two online companies out there that I know of that will chrome plate your wheels. One of the links below will also "chrome" plate your plastic center caps to make it look kewl.

http://www.calchrome.com
http://www.capitalwheels.com