cant rev past 2k rpm when driving

w8me1st

boost addict
Apr 5, 2005
Last Exit Before Hell, Arizona
ok i started 2 hrs ago to research before i go tackle my my own issues. and after all that time i couldn't leave with out saying something. for 1, glad you found your problem. :icon_bigg sounds like you got some slightly used parts to list for sale lol. :biglaugh: not to me, as i have been thru those mods unless mine die between now and when i finally get to my garage). :cry: congrats on your persistance. and just think how much fun the next problem will be. i only laugh cause i've lost all my hair plenty of times and no one in my family is bald. doh! :aigo: luckily it's grown back everytime....

way to hang in there :icon_bigg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
haha, suprabad, you knew it all along! an internal dead short, huh? that might be, as i *might* have spilled a little gas on it (which could have seeped into the battery throught the two covers, heh, stupid me, when doing my AFPR install. that would probably do it)

i just realized i lent my friend $60, so i dont have the cash to get a new battery today, but i'll call him and make him give it back, then i'll have enough. :)

w8me1st: that's a pretty funny story, haha. glad your hair has grown back. ;), and thanks for the kind words. :)

-shaeff

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
sometimes i get tired of fixing little things here and there, but then again im glad i have this to get my mind off of other things.......

car has been running real nice for a few weeks, my car will be ready for the last meet of the season at Etown this saterday, and what do you know? i have a big oil leak some where i have to track down and fix before saterday!

hopefully ill get it done before then, but ill tell you one thing. with all the shit thats going on in my life right now, im glad i have something like this to get my mind off of everyday life.

fixing an oil leak is more fun than dealing with friends and their personal problems :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i couldnt agree more. my new job kills me for four days a week. but the money is EXCELLENT. (no less than $450/week!!) that gives me lots of cash to work on the supra, even though right now it still appears to be a POS, it's actually quite nice under the skin:).

hopefully i'll be ready for this E-town meet. though, if i do get there, i'll probably be made fun of because my car looks like hell. :(

-shaeff

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
shaeff said:
haha, suprabad, you knew it all along! -shaeff

That made my day! No problem, I'm here for ya...

As far as the way your ride looks I think someday (soon) you'll have one of the baddest Supras on this forum... I can tell by your attitude...you've got the determination and the follow through, you've certainly proven that!

J

jlr1125

Folks, you are all great. I've spent well over one hour reading this post and have learned a lot. Like someone posted, this must be the longest post for a thread. For a minute I thought I knew you all, LOL. I own a 86.5 myself and have a few issues with it, but I'll fix them one at a time. I see that persintence is the word. Good job by all the repliers. Now I know where to turn for answers when needed. I'll start posting soon. Thanks

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
lagged: rusty, front bumper all dented up on the sides and bottom, lip destroyed, still on sawblades, very, very patchy faded paint?

suprabad: glad i made your day:) starting in springtime, i'm pulling the nose off, all the molding, lights, etc, and painting it for next summer. thanks for the compliments. :)

jlr1125: this forum is a great community. words cant describe how much i like everyone here. they're all knowledgable, fun people. i'm sure you'll find the answers to your questions.

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
haha, my 'friend' wont return my calls. (though he's a culinary institue of america student= EXTREMELY BUSY) i get paid tonight, so perhaps i'll get a new battery tomorrow. :)

-shaeff

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
heh whod you mess with for that sig.

yeah sounds worse than mine. i have no rust but badly faded paint. sawblades as well!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
that's CK inducting me into the realm of supermod's. :)

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
haha, it's more like a lawn/driveway ornament. haha.

it would have taken it's maiden voyage after all the upgrades today, but my friend (yes, the one who owed me $60) paid me back last night. well, today he blew out a tire about 20 miles from my house, and called me to help him. so i did that instead of getting a new battery. :( whatever. i'll do it tomorrow. i have no obligations during the day, so i hopefully will be able to drive it around for a while. maybe fill the tank up a bit...

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
aww... :: pats steve on shoulder :: it'll get better, i promise ;)

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
well, i took it out for a spin today. i've got a shifty idle, i think it's a small vacuum leak. tomorrow, i'll figure out where the vacuum leak is coming from. i have almost NO vacuum lines, so it should be easy to find. :)

i didnt boost at all, because i only have a few gallons of gas, and it's low octane, so that wouldnt be too smart. i'm probably going to end up going to the gas station tomorrow, hopefully i'll have almost no gas left, and then i'll put some 93 in it and drive it around a bit.

then maybe i'll boost! :) i'm just happy to have driven it!

edit, for those of you wondering why i have low octane gas in the supra:

while i was troubleshooting it, and thought it was the fuel system, i had the tank in and out so much that it would have been very expensive to put high octane gas in it, so to simply get it running, i put low octane in.

-shaeff