Can't find a Supra, so what did I do to compensate?

Murder

I gots teh CARFAX y0!
Jan 26, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Well, I bought an 86. Yes, an AE86. Corolla GT-S. I will paint it panda. I will put Japanese tofu stickers on it with a phone number that's impossible to call since we're in America. The kicker? I'm hoping to swap a 7mgte in it. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do gutter runs around hairpins down mountain roads anymore, but I should be able to haul ass on 95% of the roads in the country.

So...without further adieu, I'd like to officially and finally introduce myself as a legit member of this forum, rather than a lurker that usually hangs around the For Sale section in hopes of finding a MKIII :cry: Oh well. Soo...who's got a wiring diagram :1zhelp:

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
My coworker has an AE86 getting ready for a 2jz install. Best of luck on the project, just remember to take a week off from the car when you feel like you want to pull your hair out.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Nice find. I want to get a GTS and swap a 7mgte into it or a turbo charged MR2 motor in it.

Last edited:

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Hmm... why not just buy an MKII... i know those are kind of hard to find also, but looking for a good MKII and MKIII is easier than just one or the other... and i disgust AE86... they make my sad in the pants when i see them. haha.
Should have just gotten a daily driver honda crx or something and drove that around to save money.... but more power to you to swap the 7m into the ae86!

Murder

I gots teh CARFAX y0!
Jan 26, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Well, I'm head of our Formula Hybrid team here, and after fabricating an entire vehicle, I feel like I can do anything xD Fabrication isn't an issue thanks to Pro/Engineer. Seriously though, I'm a realist. Even after I do all the planning, I know something is going to go wrong in the process. I picked up the SR5 version so I would only have 5 wires to splice into the harness. The AE86 is a freaking awesome chassis. 2100lbs. When the swap is done, I'll be worrying more about keeping the chassis from twisting into a pretzel rather than making power.

Murder

I gots teh CARFAX y0!
Jan 26, 2007
Clifton, NJ
1j should be the same work, but alas, I'm an engineering STUDENT, so no money yet :( lol, it should work out fine. As much as I'd like to say I thought of the idea, I didn't. I read it in an issue of Sport Compact Car maybe a year ago. I just wish I could dig that article up somewhere.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
240z > AE86

haha, i want to swap in a 7m into one of those badboys so bad...

but if your comfortable with that kind of fabrication, then go for it, let the sky be the limit. you should do some really custom stuff to it while in the process, dont just swap it in... make it YOUR swap. personalize it.

Murder

I gots teh CARFAX y0!
Jan 26, 2007
Clifton, NJ
I bought a rear end and engine/body harnesses, and I log in now to check for a wiring diagram to see something with the interior harness. I find a PM about a Supra I wanted for sale at a lower price. Damn. Someone wanna buy this? :D

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Sounds like a good plan to me, I think every toyota should have a 7m:evil2:

Yeah anyway though it seems like it might be easier than say, swapping a 7m into a 7th gen celica? Just trying to keep your hopes up.

But on the other hand, wouldnt the car weigh a bit more with the 7m in it than stock? Still be lighter than a mk3 im sure though.

RaTyBaStArD

May 15, 2007
Oregon
Murder said:
Well, I bought an 86. Yes, an AE86. Corolla GT-S. I will paint it panda. I will put Japanese tofu stickers on it with a phone number that's impossible to call since we're in America. The kicker? I'm hoping to swap a 7mgte in it. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do gutter runs around hairpins down mountain roads anymore, but I should be able to haul ass on 95% of the roads in the country.

So...without further adieu, I'd like to officially and finally introduce myself as a legit member of this forum, rather than a lurker that usually hangs around the For Sale section in hopes of finding a MKIII :cry: Oh well.
Soo...who's got a wiring diagram :1zhelp:

I found myself exactly in your shoes *Murder*. I've been trying to find a MK3 for the longest time now and all I could find are beat up, overpriced cars (mainly N/A cars too:nono: ). And when I did find one, the guy flaked out and never called. So what did I do? I bought myself a 85 Corolla SR5 for $500 today. It drives but the tranny and rearend are going out. I have a GT-S LSD rearend that needs to be put in:icon_bigg . Ill post pictures of it tomorrow.

I know that I should be in a AE86 forum, but I plan on swapping in a 7M-GTE:evil2: (thats why I'm here). And yes I know it will throw off the weight distribution but having 230+ Crank HP in a car that weighs 2100lb equals roughly about 9.13lb per HP compared to a MK3 that has 15.21lb per HP. NO DISRESPECT to the MK3 owners; I love the Car, but the MK3 is a heavy beast!!!

Heres a link to a kid that did a 7M in a corolla.
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/7mgte-corolla/t/4636

Does anyone know where to get a 7M-GTE w/tranny, wiring, ecu, ect. ? Basically everything to get the engine running for cheap and not in need of a rebuild (except Head Gasket job). I live in Oregon 97058.
Build your car Murder so I can see what you did, so I can do it cheaper:sarcasm:. Just kiddin, but I do want to see your car and the build. Sorry if I jacked your thread, lol.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
having 230+ Crank HP in a car that weighs 2100lb

Don't forget that the curb weight of the car is most of the time the weight of the car with the engine it has, and different engines can often times weigh much different weights, so a 2100lb car with the engine it has might be a 2500lb car with a different one (not a 7m specifically, I'm not sure how much the 7m weighs by itself).

But all in all 2100 lbs or 2500 lbs both are still lighter than a mk3 so have at it.

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
ok i gotta put my foot down here.....why not just keep the 4age? the block can stand up to like 700h.p 7ms and 2j and 1j motors belong in supras.and lexuses..i love the ae86...i have had several mr2s with the same motor and they got mad potentiol. by the time you spent all the time and money getting the big ass 7m into that little ae86 you could have had a monster 4age .. how much do ya want for the ae86? does it run?