Building my Dream 1jz supra :)

*04-04-2007, i am adding this post from another site. I just joined supra mainia so i wanted to add this post to your site. Just updating everything :)*
Ok, so i have dreamt and waited for a 1jz for like 5 years now. I have nearly bought so many already built ones and many engines, but none felt right. I watch every auction on ebay that has 1jz or 1jzgtte or 1jzgte , so i found an auction for a wrecked 1jz about 10 days ago. This one felt right! I don't know why, but i just got a good feeling about it. Well anyways, tonight i won it!!!! I am so ecstatic!!! I cant wait to drive her. She is pretty well modified. I am not a very crazy guy, my real goal is only like 400-450RWHP total. I just want a very comfortable daily driver supra. Well i finally found it!!! :)

Here is the link for the auction :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=230109660203&rd=1,1

I got the loan for the engine about 5 days ago, so i am really psyched!

Oh yeah, so i have the perfect body for this engine. My buddy Jordan blew the engine in his supra about 2 years ago, so it has been sitting in the shop yard since then. This supra is perfect! It is a 1989 turbo with most options. It only has 100k miles on the body. It was a cali car so no rust. It is a targa, a must. I have wanted one for soooo many years!!! My mom got a targa del sol last summer, i was pretty jealous! :) Here are the pix of the body :)
HPIM0288%20(Medium).JPG

http://joshthecomputerguy.com/Blue.aspx

So today is a monumental day!!! I am so excited. I also was able to find some decent shipping, 750 door to door. If anyone knows any better companies that they have used. I would love to get it down to around 500, but it is better then 1200 which i have been quoted. So yeah, i am so happy. I will finally be able to drive down to the supra meet in vegas next year! :) I have always wanted to go! i even paid for registration a few years ago :) Well, if anyone has any tips or anything, just let me know. :) The car has already been fully installed, so i just have to swap it directly :) It has a greddy ecu and A'pexi AVC-R Boost Controller plus a HKS SSQV. Everything i want. Then only engine modification i have thought about wanting is the 440 cc injectors. Other then that, this car is perfect! :)

Last edited:
*04-16-2007*
Car is here!

I guess it is as i expected. the damage is pretty bad, but all the important components look fine. He did give me 2 new k&N oil filters, which is cool. I attempted to start the engine, but the battery was so dead it started making noises, which i didnt like, so i am going to mess with that tomorrow in the day light.

Last edited:
*04-29-2007*
Well, today i finally got started. WOw, we started by driving the car for a few minutes. There is no fan on her right now, so i cant really drive her for more then a few minutes, but yeah. We boosted her! WOW!!! damn!!! I couldn't believe it! I have never driven a turbo car before and wow. the bov just screamed and the car just flew! It was seriously fun! :)

Then we started taking her apart.

Next i am going to remove the radiator and make some room for the engine to come out.

here is a current pic and a pic of the door panel as requested, actually the door panel is in pretty good condition minus having a big speaker in her. :)

*04-30-2007*
Good day of swappin! :)
We got the engine unbolted and on the cherry picker :) Now we just have to deal with wires

THis is the so called "tuck" . They basicly didnt extend the wires to the ecu area and left them behind the dash. Man, there were so many things done half ass backwards on the swap so far. I am not very impressed by the company in arizona that did it.

Blitz ecu :) Cool to look at :)

Josh, i didn't remember to take a pic last night, i will do my best to remember after classes today.
We pulled the speaker covers and surprisingly the speakers look really nice, i am not sure what brand yet though.

Oh, and a last mention. I met Justin's supra yesterday and OMG!!!! DAMN!!!! Fucken hot as hell!!!! Sex on wheels! Oh man and the interior at night, unbelievable. It was one of the sexxxxyist dashes i have ever seen on a supra at night. So bright and beautiful! :)

supraracer49

3rd Gen Life
Nov 20, 2006
WNC
viperkillertt said:
*04-29-2007*
There is no fan on her right now, so i cant really drive her for more then a few minutes
I am guessing the car didn't come with any fan? But yeah I have the Hydro Fan on mine and its the strongest fan I ever felt. I saw this car on ebay a long time ago and saw your thread on supraforums but never commented on it. I hope you get her running soon the 1J is so much fun I can't wait to upgrade my exhaust this summer that really opens it up!

Hydro fan was destroyed. I have the pieces in my garage. The motor still works fine, just needs a new resivor and plastic fan. I just feel that the hydro fan is a little messy. It kinda takes over the engine compartment. Do you guys really feel it is that much better? I really dont want any heating issues, but i thoguht the FAL would look better. But looks dont matter that much. what do you guys think?

SLO89MK3

Aug 2, 2006
Mesa, AZ
hey viperkiller you say a shop in AZ did the swap. do you happen to know which shop? that car looks familiar haha. no i didnt do the work if it is it. but i may know who did haha.

Ok, so Justin had the whole day off yesterday and so we spent most all of it doing the 1jz. It was exciting, but very disapointing because of the assholes who did the engine the first time. I bought the car from a guy who said it was "tucked". Well it wasnt, all they did was cut a huge hole in the firewall and then do crappy wiring to connect things. It was seriously sick!! So now I get to rewire this whole damn thing! THe whole reason i bought it finnished was so i didnt have to deal with this crap! Well anyways. Here are the pix from the day :)

The damn Motor Mount wasnt even screwed down!!! Totally nutz!

p617656_1.jpg
p617656_2.jpg
p617656_3.jpg
p617656_4.jpg
p617656_5.jpg
p617656_6.jpg
p617656_7.jpg
p617656_8.jpg
p617656_9.jpg
p617656_10.jpg
p617656_11.jpg
p617656_12.jpg