Arkansas Members

guns

Apr 2, 2007
Arkansas
hey any body have a toyota celica or other 4 cylinder vehicle they want to sell or be willing to to maybe trade? I need a daily driving vehicle.

1jzdreamer

Dec 3, 2006
Arkansas
Man I saw that orange peel, I thought Meyers (the teacher) was gonna kick his ass and make him wet-sand it. Paint for cost of paint FTW eitherway.

P.S. Your fender was a bitch to change.

1jzdreamer

Dec 3, 2006
Arkansas
hey AR_91. I seen your supra at the Mall today. (I parked a few spots down) First time I have seen it with that tint, and I must say it looks great. What happened to your real rim?

AR_91SupraTurbo

Jan 2, 2006
Fayetteville, AR
www.facebook.com
1jzdreamer said:
hey AR_91. I seen your supra at the Mall today. (I parked a few spots down) First time I have seen it with that tint, and I must say it looks great. What happened to your real rim?

I didn't air up the tires before the cold snap and it went flat. I've just been too busy and lazy to get the shitty Toyota jack out and change it.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
does anyone in AR around the van buren area have a 1jz soarer swap where i could test my ecu to make sure it is still good?

AR_91SupraTurbo

Jan 2, 2006
Fayetteville, AR
www.facebook.com
86_sports_1jz;870157 said:
does anyone in AR around the van buren area have a 1jz soarer swap where i could test my ecu to make sure it is still good?

I don't think anyone in this section has gone the 1J route. May I ask where you purchased your engine from? I'm getting very frustrated with my 7M. What have you heard about Humble Performance?

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
hey im down in cabot I have a sc300 with a soarer 1J im actually wanting to test the same thing i think either my ignitor or ecu may be bad, either way let me know somthin im sure we can figure somthing out

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
AR_91SupraTurbo;879197 said:
I don't think anyone in this section has gone the 1J route. May I ask where you purchased your engine from? I'm getting very frustrated with my 7M. What have you heard about Humble Performance?

i purchased my 1jz from osaka but i don't recommend getting one from them. they are bad at everything. my 1jz came incomplete and i had to source alot of parts plus it wasn't in very good shape when i recieved it. humble is a pretty good shop from my experience but others have had bad experiences there too. the bad experiences there are the people who built their cars then brought it to them to tune but it ends up blowing up because it wasn't built right or didn't have the right parts for what they want to achieve, i've seen it first hand. when i brought my k20 civic up to humble to tune i had to come back 4 days in a row because some dumb ass from bentonville had built a gsr hatch that didn't run right because he didn't do the build right and he had wrong parts that made his car run horrible. alex at humble tried to tune it for four days straight but couldn't get it to run right cuz he had a huge intake manifold on it that wasn't needed for an all motor, it made his car run soo lean w/ a 90mm TB. after four days the guy gave up and took the hatch home then blew it up that weekend and blamed it on humble. the hatch wasn't running good at all, when it was brought to humble it wasn't even running humble had to make it run then tune it. but alex won't touch supras, he only deals w/ hondas, nissans, DSMs, and some toyotas but no supras.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
cruzinbill;879434 said:
hey im down in cabot I have a sc300 with a soarer 1J im actually wanting to test the same thing i think either my ignitor or ecu may be bad, either way let me know somthin im sure we can figure somthing out

how far is that from springdale fayettvile area?

1jzdreamer

Dec 3, 2006
Arkansas
Cabot is just south of Little Rock, a bit over 3 hours to get there from Fayetteville. (I had some relatives living down there for a while... still do actually)

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
1jzdreamer;880269 said:
Cabot is just south of Little Rock, a bit over 3 hours to get there from Fayetteville. (I had some relatives living down there for a while... still do actually)

hmmm.... thats kinda far man, do you think we could meet half way or something?

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
Yah i could no problem at all do you already have the motor and stuff in, well lets see to make it easy here is my # 5012779414 gimmie a call and ill see what we can do. prolly wont be free to do any thing till this weekend tho its a hectic work week.

AR_91SupraTurbo

Jan 2, 2006
Fayetteville, AR
www.facebook.com
86_sports_1jz;879608 said:
i purchased my 1jz from osaka but i don't recommend getting one from them. they are bad at everything. my 1jz came incomplete and i had to source alot of parts plus it wasn't in very good shape when i recieved it. humble is a pretty good shop from my experience but others have had bad experiences there too. the bad experiences there are the people who built their cars then brought it to them to tune but it ends up blowing up because it wasn't built right or didn't have the right parts for what they want to achieve, i've seen it first hand. when i brought my k20 civic up to humble to tune i had to come back 4 days in a row because some dumb ass from bentonville had built a gsr hatch that didn't run right because he didn't do the build right and he had wrong parts that made his car run horrible. alex at humble tried to tune it for four days straight but couldn't get it to run right cuz he had a huge intake manifold on it that wasn't needed for an all motor, it made his car run soo lean w/ a 90mm TB. after four days the guy gave up and took the hatch home then blew it up that weekend and blamed it on humble. the hatch wasn't running good at all, when it was brought to humble it wasn't even running humble had to make it run then tune it. but alex won't touch supras, he only deals w/ hondas, nissans, DSMs, and some toyotas but no supras.

Thanks for the info on osaka and humble. I can't decide on what to do with my supra or if its even worth fixing. I need a DD fo sho.