ANOTHER NEW Dyno number > 842.98 today!!! PG 16 for sheet :)

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Rpm graph, no sniffer reading for a/f's. John tunes it rich with nitrous 10.8-11.2.
Nate842RPM.JPG

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Doward said:
So what's with this PG 16 stuff? I've only got 4 pages here :)

First 7M over 1000hp would be Miburn(sp?) and his drag rail, wouldn't it?

Yes but we are speaking of in an MKIII

The dragster is in a class of it's own :biglaugh:

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
QWIKSTRIKE said:
[/B]

you run 14.7 at idle only and no more than 11.2 to 11.7 to be safe for high boost IMHO. Shoting for 14.7 at idle is optimum, but at WOT you have the risk of detonation at your door.:aigo:

Interesting.... my cars around 11.5-12 which was last seen on the dyno, and that is with around 10psi on stock highflowed CT26... what do you mean by 'high boost' because I've always thought mines running bit on the rich side... so after I install this intercooler i've had sitting at home i'll probably go to 12psi get it dyno'd and make sure its holding good AFR's. For the ~200rwkw mark if its still got similar AFR"s should be fine, as far as AFR's are concerned??

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Tuning is pretty complicated, so I wouldn't try to match other people's AFRs without knowing why they are running them. In general, 11-11.5:1 is a safe AFR for a boosted car, but a good tuner will probably run 12:1 at low rpms to help spool (leaner = hotter = more exhaust energy), then ramp back down into the 11's as boost comes online... But add n20 and you want to run even richer (n20 is basically just more oxygen so you add fuel to compensate -- thus making more power). Then again, if you're in the sweet spot of your turbo's efficiency range, are running a large enough IC/exhaust, you can eek a few more ponies out by going a tad leaner since you won't be producing unnecessary heat. Throw in H20 injection, and you might even go leaner.

On the other hand, you might try to add more timing instead of going leaner. If you have tons of dyno time, you can switch back and forth until you've found the "ragged edge." Then you might switch to a different grade of gasoline and have to start all over again! Hopefully, your engine will still be intact ;)

Cliff notes: Tuning is complicated, don't just assume because so-and-so ran 12.5:1 on his turbo'd honda that you can do the same on a stock CT26 and IC running 18psi...

marlonvip

Supra -only way to fly
Sep 2, 2006
Denmark
ma71supraturbo said:
Tuning is pretty complicated, so I wouldn't try to match other people's AFRs without knowing why they are running them. In general, 11-11.5:1 is a safe AFR for a boosted car, but a good tuner will probably run 12:1 at low rpms to help spool (leaner = hotter = more exhaust energy), then ramp back down into the 11's as boost comes online... But add n20 and you want to run even richer (n20 is basically just more oxygen so you add fuel to compensate -- thus making more power). Then again, if you're in the sweet spot of your turbo's efficiency range, are running a large enough IC/exhaust, you can eek a few more ponies out by going a tad leaner since you won't be producing unnecessary heat. Throw in H20 injection, and you might even go leaner.

On the other hand, you might try to add more timing instead of going leaner. If you have tons of dyno time, you can switch back and forth until you've found the "ragged edge." Then you might switch to a different grade of gasoline and have to start all over again! Hopefully, your engine will still be intact ;)

Cliff notes: Tuning is complicated, don't just assume because so-and-so ran 12.5:1 on his turbo'd honda that you can do the same on a stock CT26 and IC running 18psi...

NIcely put^^^:)