Almost done with painting the car. A few pics also

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Not really a build thread as such but I thought I would share what I've done in the past couple of months.

Well, I/we decided to paint the car as a few already know. Thanks to my wife for supporting me throughout this and as you guys may already know, I knew she was a keeper. :biglaugh: We are going to revisit Vegas this year and I hope to see many of you there!

I have purchased pretty much everything for the exterior. Special thanks to Mark at Vancouver Toyota in WA. :) Every single piece for the glass trim, all moldings, marker lights, both front and rear hatch/hood shocks, mud flaps, pretty much every rubber part you can see on the car, door vents (when you open door, are against body), hood, headlight covers, all new clips that hold on each part, and misc bolts. The glass has also been removed for paint and I also purchased new windshield. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. The body has been left stock other than the fenders being rolled front and rear.

Here are a few pics. One of car in block primer and a few misc pics of the parts in boxes etc.. :)

I hope to have it back by next weekend!

Here in block primer

p977914_1.jpg

p977914_2.jpg

p977914_3.jpg

p977914_4.jpg

p977914_5.jpg

Here are a few pics of the custom CNC part to mount the gauges back on the hood. It is simple but I like details as many know. The parts still needs to be anodized black.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p977914_6.jpg

p977914_7.jpg

I also picked up a MoTeC MDD which I haven't installed yet either. Still needed is a custom mounting bracket. :icon_bigg

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Very nice duane, as always, very impressive. Can't wait to see the final product :-D

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
looking good...what color are you going back with? as much as your putting back new on this car it will be a completely perfect showing of what a mk3 should be... well done +1

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Godspeed;977943 said:
looking good...what color are you going back with? as much as your putting back new on this car it will be a completely perfect showing of what a mk3 should be... well done +1

Thanks

OEM like the bay :)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

I had an inkling as to what you had up your sleeve, but this leaves me speechless!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the final product!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
LilMissMkIII;977987 said:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

I had an inkling as to what you had up your sleeve, but this leaves me speechless!!!!!!!

LOL, I told you I had new parts but I wanted to wait so I could show more progress. :icon_bigg The car has been in the body shop for a month so far and should be out by April 12th.

Duane

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I thought the grey would be shinier...........maybe they hadn't clear'd it when you took these pictures.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Very nice Duane!! Have you considered changing to gay blue??? I really think Gay blue and Orange wheels would be bad ass.:icon_bigg

Cant wait to see it done!!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
WOW, i've seen your attention to detail and from what i've seen of the paintwork under the hood this car is going to be spectacular. I cant wait to see it man, I assume your wrapping the car in plastic when you take it down to centralia. :) Wouldnt blame you if you showed up with a shrink wrapped car on a trailer.

Looks AMAZING even without paint. Good work Duane.

~Luis

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
americanjebus;978136 said:
WOW, i've seen your attention to detail and from what i've seen of the paintwork under the hood this car is going to be spectacular. I cant wait to see it man, I assume your wrapping the car in plastic when you take it down to centralia. :) Wouldnt blame you if you showed up with a shrink wrapped car on a trailer.

Looks AMAZING even without paint. Good work Duane.

~Luis

Thanks and no it won't be shrink wrapped ;)

7Mboost;978137 said:
And after this paint some video testing the new Spec twin-disk in order? :)

Gonna look sweet Duane, can't wait to see it.

Thanks and yes I will be breaking in clutch more as soon as I get it back :)

Duane

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
Duane thats a lot of work man. I know because I just did it myself.

Im sure you meant PPG - it looks like they sprayed down some K38 or maybe even some DPLF as a sealer? Either way your car was a bit more stripped down than mine.

Are you going with white? Im sure it will look clean either way. I really wanted to go with a darker color with a total repaint so I went with a dark green.