7M-GE + Supercharger?

tweak666

May 11, 2006
boca raton, FL
don't know if this helps...
not sure of the similarities, but the 1g-gze supercharger will almost bolt up to a 6m block in place of the ac compressor. the front arm of its bracket would need to be modified to reach the stud for the ac compressor's bracket. as far as fit on a 7m, i dunno. i was trying to do this in a cressida. i got talked out of it though, too much $ for piping work vs. selling the engine for supra parts. if anyone wants to try it i still have the supercharger and bracket. (i may still have the 1g-gze block too)

edit: my bad, supercharger no longer available

Last edited:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
wow, thats awesome. the 6m is pretty much a 7m block with a 5m head and lower comp pistons. i will gladly lose my AC for a supercharger, i would try to pipe the compressed air through a small front mount to the stock intake area, and try and squeeze a cone filter down there.

edit, where can one pick up the bracket and charger

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I would make a kit like this, because it is the easiest. I wouldn't want to try to cast a new intake manifold around an eaton style supercharger.

The kit would be so expensive, because it would include the turbo electronics and injectors to complete a complete boosted makeover. This would allow 10 psi of safe operation without tuning.

IS3_0011[1].jpg

Smeg!

Jan 4, 2007
Seattle
OK hypothetical situation, say someone happened to have a supercharger laying around :icon_bigg would the high comperssion pistons from a N/A engine need to be swapped for a set of lower comperssion pistons, could they tolerate the extra 9 to 12 lbs of boost? (ya! I know, it's not much compared to the turbos), someone setting this up would do it just for the fun of it.:yelrotflm :yelrotflm

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
you should have no problem using the stock NAs. the number two spot on 7mpower is held by a guy with 9.5:1 compression pistons

Smeg!

Jan 4, 2007
Seattle
Thanks for the info, just trying to think "outside the box", I have access to a roots type supercharger and a cousin that works in a metal fab/machine shop. Said he'd help me out if I need any custom pieces, he's a gear head too and has told me if we can't make the Eaton work his friend has a older Paxton that he might sell for a really good price, not sure what a "really good price" is but it's worth checking out.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
You're a little late.

Jaguar_5 said:
Yeah, except, wheres the alternator? lol

Nick M said:
Behold, photoshop! Besides the obvious disparity between the engine and the blurred background, where is the intake manifold in the picture? And what is the hotwire mass airflow sensor on the intake doing there? When our car doesnt use one.

That pic originally had a white Cressida photoshopped into the background. I see it has been removed. The only thing that could be, is that blower was mocked up to see how it would fit or look. But that is a blower kit, and it doesn't go on the 7MGE.

The only reason I have NOT deleted that post is to show people that it was fake through people saying it was. I wish people would just read the whole thread for once. Also, try to stay on topic guys.

Jervis Mcstabby

Puddin Pops!
Jun 21, 2006
Where Indeed, CA
www.myspace.com
IJ. said:
you'd end up losing at least 1 accessory and that was a no go for me.

I would think so! I hear it's toasty down under! I think if I were ever to try, I'd put the charger in the alternator's place and put the alternator in the AC's place, as I never had (or needed) the AC in my old Red GE (RIP). But First, I want to make an ultra-light MK3 [Same Body/Chassis design, with lighter weight materials(Titanium, aluminum, carbon fiber)]. Yeah, I want to do that before I die!:icon_bigg

Junior

Jul 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Jervis Mcstabby said:
[Same Body/Chassis design, with lighter weight materials(Titanium, aluminum, carbon fiber)]. Yeah, I want to do that before I die!:icon_bigg

you know for alot of parts fiberglass would work just fine. Doesn't have the same "bling" value I guess tho.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i thought he was talking more about redesigning structural pieces out of ti and aluminum. of course, you're right about the body panels being made of f/g.

Junior

Jul 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
hmm, yea. I dunno how you'd make a body tho. Actually come to think of it, I don't even know where the parting lines are for most of the unitbody in that car, presumably it was welded together at the factory, but there'll have to be parting seems somewhere.

7M-fanatic

Banned
Apr 21, 2006
San Antonio, TX
OK, for all the doubters.........
The pictures of the blown 7M and the twin-charged 7M are mine.
It is the same engine.
The reason the pictures of the supercharger version look funky, is that they were taken with a 35mm camera, and scanned.

The engine was 100% ready to install, and would have been several years ago, except no one could remember where the tranny cross mount went.
With my work load, it was 6 months before I found a replacement.
Then, I found the rare GReddy underhung turbo manifold & the TD08 'Rabid Dog' Mitsubishi turbo (the TD07 was called the 'Mad Dog').

Since then, I have upgraded to a GReddy T88-34D, which will put out enough boost to:
Exceed the 440cc injectors originally installed, and
Exceed the strength of the OEM turbo pistons & rods.

So at this point, the engine is down again.

Along the way, I have picked up a Group-A head, 272 cams, Cosworth pistons, and Eagle rods.

The engine will go back together as a twincharged set-up again.

The blower is an Eaton M90.
The blower snout is right from Magnuson (US distributor of Eaton), and cost me as much as I paid for the used blower ($400).
The manifold was fabbed from a piece of 4" square, .25" wall aluminum tube, welded onto the lower 7M intake manifold that was shortened (if memory serves) to 5.5" long.
There is a full length water to air intercooler inside the manifold.
As you can see in the side shot that someone else posted, yes, it does have an alternator.......
It will fit into my Cressida with about 3/4" per side clearance.
It retains the AC.
The crank drive is made from an Unorthodox crank pulley,
the was machined to accept a hub, that an off-the-shelf (from a manufacture of Kart parts makes) 8mm pitch pulley bolts to.
They make them in 5 tooth increments, and the blower drive ratios will allow me to go from 7 psi to 15 psi depending on which one I use.

Limitations:
Eaton does not want the blower to spin faster than 14,000 rpm, and not to exceed about 14 psi.
Although I have found old charts that show that it will take 15,000 rpm/15 psi.
Must have something to do with life expectancy for production vehicles......
Efficiency starts to go south at about 70% of these figures.

This is where the turbo comes into play....
The T88 will not start building good boost on a 7M until 5000+, about where the Eaton starts getting short winded.
When the turbo comes on-line, the blower will just be along for the ride.

If anyone wants more pictures, or has questions, they can e-mail me directly at duaxmachine@sbcglobal.net

Sorry, I do not get time away from my eRip auction duties to surf through all the 7m/Supra/Cressida forums, or I would have cleared up some of these mysteries before.

Regaurds,
Gordon Duax
San Antonio, Texas
eBay ID mx83*gx81

Jervis Mcstabby

Puddin Pops!
Jun 21, 2006
Where Indeed, CA
www.myspace.com
I emailed 7M-fanatic and this is what he sent:
7MGZE%202.JPG

Full Shot
7MGZE%203.JPG

Blower backside with custom intake manifold
7MGZE%204.JPG

manifold
7MGZE%205.JPG

water to air intercooler

I decided to host them so he doesn't have to keep resending his message, as it sounds like he's a busy man.

mmarkk

ShoarmaTeam Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Netherlands
7M-fanatic said:
a lot of text:)
Finally a reply from Gordon!
Yeah i emailed you a few times about this topic long ago after i got your UX/Fidanza cam gears.
Wanted you to clear up things about the photoshop accusations
You never replied to that, but later on you did reply when i wanted to buy something through ebay from you again
But i thought f-it, he only replies when he can make $ lol
When is this engine ready?
You owe us cool vids and pics of dyno sheets now:)