7M-GE + Supercharger?

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
219070_25_full.jpg

This is the same pic from a different angle and from the white cressidas cardomain acc. Can it be so precicly made that to my eye, it doesn't seem like a photoshopped SC(, though the Cressida seems to be photoshopped....)?:aigo:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Oh holy mother of god - i want one now. Turbocharging is all well and good, but i want a supercharger - no changes to the wiring harness or ignition system - just bolt on and go - plus, on a turbo, you get lag - on a supercharger? I dont think so
Depends on the type of supercharger. The most common has the most "lag" Old Roots style blowers, and the newer(sort of) twin screw come on nearly instantly. The centrifugal supercharger makes its rated psi in a kit at engine redline.

A supercharger puts heavy drag on the crank though.

Take a good look at the inlet on it now. It has a throttle body whose color really doesn't match the photo.

They said they're good for 1-3 psi and 10hp or so (just what my bro told me), and they're free and the only mod is getting the hose into the intake pipe somehow.
Do those people have Honda's too? The air pump is a very small fan that puts air in the catalytic converter and head to lean out the pollutants. It sure doesn't make 1-3 psi. If it did the cat would probably catch on fire. And 3 psi in the intake is way more than 10 hp.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
If that rumour of 2JZ on 7M electronics is true...although, 7m-ge uses a distributor - does an N/A 2JZ use one too - or are they coil pack?

As for the vortech supercharger - looks pretty good, will have a closer look after i've finished moving...

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Um, just looks like a long nose Eaton M90 to me. As for the hot-wire MAF, and where is the throttle body, you're looking at it. The 3800 supercharged actually has the MAF and throttle combined.

Not hard to do, really. I'm planning on building a centrifugal style supercharged setup on my buddy's '87 7MGE, whenever he wants to get started on it.

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
the NA non-vvti 2jzge does have a distributor but its highly unlikely that you would be able to use the 7ms electronics on a jz. If it were the case Im sure a whole bunch of people out there that swap the jz (1 or 2) wouldnt go through all the trouble of swapping out all the electronics. The VVTI equiped jz does not use a distributor

VVTI
106-0619_IMG.JPG

NON-VVTI
hsk73NA.jpg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I have my own fairly well equipped machine shop and would hesitate to do this for a few reasons.

I bought a small roots type blower and when I got down to it to keep everything functional in a Mk3 leaves very minimal room to mount the blower and in the end the bang for the $ just wasn't there.

If you go to a Centrifugal Blower it's somewhat easier but they don't have the response of a Roots so you may as well have gone for a BB Turbo anyway....

If the 7M were a serpentine belt motor this would make things easier but as it stands you'd end up losing at least 1 accessory and that was a no go for me.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
What about on the opposite side then, between....err....i dunno what its between, cause i cant look at the engine bay - but on the same side as the air filter. After all, the whole crossover pipe will have to be changed if you mounted a 'charger there...

Where did the 1G-GZE have its supercharger mounted??

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
A couple of supercharged 5Ms that I have seen, 1 had a M90 style blower over the exhaust manifold. That is the only obvious place to put it, and get the air directly to the TB. It had the TB on the blower, then the blower pipe bolted right to the manifold.

The 2nd supercharged 5M has a boxster blower, I believe in the AC location.

There is a 3rd on Cs.com, blown 5M-E, I think his is over the exhaust manifold as well.

Also, the 1G-GZE has its supercharger where we have our A/C. So you can see that is a likely place. Routing the air is the main problem.

Also on SF, Arnout has his blower where our Power steering would be on 7M, but his is on a 2JZ.