350 in supra

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
haha yea chevrolet and toyota are my brands my silverado and supra i wanted a 6 speed ls1 camaro so i could eat cobra's but i think im gonna have more fun and more challenge getting my car there.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
rotories are supposed to be rebuilt every 50K miles...

rebuild is easy though, and the engine is tiny (work on it on a workbench).

but some people don't want the hassle (and low torque)

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
The reason why he swapped the 350 into his rx7 is because the 50k KM factory refurb engine took a dump... the cost of swapping in (including the price of the motor and trans, and all performance parts) ended up costing as much as it would have been to rebuild that little rotory.... It was an NA car to begin with so in the end, he did fairly well!

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
I have done a lot of work on rotary engines... I love them.

They lack maintenance from their owners. They have a certain seal that constantly needs to be oiled... and it has a seperate oil squirter for it. Which pretty much means you have to check your oil level constantly on them. Which I know most people don't do on their basic engines, much less their rotary.

I don't remember what that seal is called atm... it is really late right now.

All I know is that a rotary can be very very badass.. and the way they sound is one of a kind.

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
Setheroo said:
I have done a lot of work on rotary engines... I love them.

They lack maintenance from their owners. They have a certain seal that constantly needs to be oiled... and it has a seperate oil squirter for it. Which pretty much means you have to check your oil level constantly on them. Which I know most people don't do on their basic engines, much less their rotary.

I don't remember what that seal is called atm... it is really late right now.

All I know is that a rotary can be very very badass.. and the way they sound is one of a kind.

Apex seal?? thats the one that always blows in the rotarys

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
I think v8s in imports is pretty cool sometimes. Ive seen a couple of miatas with 302's in them. Oh and something on speed channel a long time ago..302 in an is300 w/5speed. ls1s in rx7s is a pretty common swap as well. The craziest build ive ever seen tho is a guy that turned a civic hatch into a corvette. It had the motor/tranny/diff/complete interior including dash.I'll have to see if i can dig up that thread.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
blackgamer16 said:
Because if it belonged there- Japanese Engineers would of gladly put in a supra/rx7, 3000gt, name the works.

Anyways- Everytime i head up to the track, yah its cool that v8 guys got the big horsepower but something always breaks. I havent seen many that drive their car to the track, race it, drive it back.

Perfect example- Duan stephens- built his car, drove it to Cali, raced it and drove it back. NO way in hell a v8 guy would of done that. And it held, i highly doubt a 350 can take that kind of abuse. Not only that- once you mod a v8 most become strictly a Drag/Trailer Queen. I guess its nice having the 8mpg too once you hit that high HP number.

Another example: I remember Titan/SP engineering (really doesnt matter), built their race car- 900 plus and drove it on city streets infact even went thru a drive thru to get some grub..lol and it still has 28mpg. Damn thats the pretty d*mn good.
Yes, i am biased, i love the sound of an import motor any day of the wk ova a domestic. And yes, i do have respect for domestic motors since each one have Great Characteristics, and can be build Sound as H*ll.

WOw... Ricer idiot... thanks for the comment... lmao Not sure what that have to do with a 350 or JDM tyte.

Obviously you are an idiot...People have Proven that 7m/ijz/2jz provides plenty of horsepower infact isn't a supra one of the top dawg of the import crowd putting down well than a 1000 plus horses. Also if your saying for the money putting down a 350 motor for a 1jz,2jz, 7m is cheaper, Your nuts! Obviously you got to source the motor, than the parts and than when you got all that you don't have shit! Making custom this making custom that. Adds up and man you got to have some creativity. OH wait, i guess you made a book- How to Swap a Domestic Motor in an Import for Dummies. I guess i missed that. Next

I hope so but if you want to you can take a drive/plan trip to oklahoma and check my mk3 out;)

And like i stated its my oponion and i guess every Japense Engineer as well or else they would of put a 350 in an import a while back.

The text in the bold didn't make any sence to me. Are you really that biased to think that a 7M or a JZ is that much more reliable than a chevy 350? I'm definetly not a domestic guy at all but just try to think openly.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
NashMan said:
tundra motor done deal now some go do it

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
holy mother of god.....

that's not a drag car, that's a street sweeper...

The point of his post was that supras are usually driven to the track (or could be), while most domestics have huge cams, no vacuum, and high stalls so streetability is nonexistant...

Justin727

T-virus infected
NashMan said:
tundra motor done deal now some go do it

i believe he was refering to the new tundra motor the 5.7 381hp 401ft lbs
being stock thats real nice compared to a damn chevy 350.. Chevy 350's can be had incredibly cheap 350 for a complete rebuilt 350 and the block alone is super cheap. But almost every guy that I've spoken too about their ls1 swaped rx7, nissan, and even supra said they either didn't know much about the engine and that the japanese fuel injection/turbo motors are hard to figure out. Or its too expensive for them to try to build those motors and learn them. lets face it and i'm not trying to down anyone but most of you know how incredibly easy it is to build a 350... anyone can do it. Trust me theres a redkneck ol boy that built a nice 350 but can't use simple multiplication or division. Hell he doesn't even know how to use a microwave or to control the TV...

Wasnt that expensive to build my motor and I'd take it over a 350 any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.