Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior

Jul 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
dgilman360 said:
the viper is sick though lol

werd.

it should fit, someday hopefully I'll have enough money kicking around to give it a crack. If my bike/twincharge projects ever are done... which they likely won't be.

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
Junior said:
werd.

it should fit, someday hopefully I'll have enough money kicking around to give it a crack. If my bike/twincharge projects ever are done... which they likely won't be.

twin charge any pics???

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
RazoE said:
I don't see why this thread should be locked on account of a couple of folks getting their JDM panties in a wad...

who wants it locked

i just dont like people arguing with each other

im going through a rough time with the death of my father on friday so i come on here to maybe find stuff to keep my mind off that

so i dont want to see arguing

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
ive seen the vette engine in a mkiii it was nice.

i say stop throwing fits everyone and stay on topic.

now everyone knows the best engine in the world is the 22RE. why? because i said so. end of thread. lol

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
AaronsSupraMKIII said:
I seen a bright red supra with a 350 in it. Looked awesome except for the hole in the hood, so it would shut with the air filter. Throw a scoop on that baby, and you have sweetness.

They put a red top sr-20 engine in a 65 mustang fastback for that tokyo drift movie, Does he have a problem with that too?

Quit acting like its sacreligious! You won't go to Hell for it, promise. :icon_evil

BTW dgilman360, Boondock Saints ROCKED! Love that movie.

wasn't it a RB-25? and s15's had balck top sr-20's thats the only reason i ask

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
Junior said:
where to begin with this. For starters. how many hp is your 7m/1j/2j making? is it more than 1000hp? if so I'll shut up and take a seat, but you've gone and ran your mouth, PLEASE back that up and prove me wrong.

Second: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TXLMR74nmY
This car comes with a warranty ^ yes, that was 220mph in 24 seconds, held the record for the standing mile for a couple of years, altho I understand that Lingenfelter has it back now. Will also pull a full g on a skid pad, so don't pull the "it doesn't handle" card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYdcIuB2vz8
this is a 350 chevy. hooray for LT5's. If that doesn't sound good to you, that's fine, sound is a subjective thing but to me it's a symphony (and many others I'm sure) and nomatter how you cut it, numbers don't lie. It's got what it takes.

your third paragraph (or atleast what I assume would have been a 3rd paragraph, if you understood grammar) seriously makes no sense and is so full of grammatical errors that most would think it was written by a 6 year old. I assume that you're saying that it requires knowledge and creativity in order to swap a "domestic" motor into an "import" chassis. You go on to suggest (I think) that it will take many custom parts and that I must have written a book on the subject because I seem to have done it before.

ok... assuming that is infact correct. Yes, it requires knowledge. You DO have to know how the car works, how an engine is secured in a chassis, how a driveline functions and how engine management and supporting electronics function. I know these things. So does anyone who builds a 1000hp 7m/1j/2j. I'm not claiming to be a deity, but I do have an understanding of the requisite systems, and I have made non-standard motorswaps before. I haven't written a book on the subject no, nor do I feel that a whole lot could be learned from a book. People that are interested in doing such things, are capable and able to do them. People who are interested in adding bolt on's because they don't understand how the system works and are afraid to step off the beaten path (you perhaps) WILL NOT READ THE BOOK. Reading the book would require cognitive thought, and god forbid, using a calculator and math in order to make it function properly. Therefor those people can stick to bolt ons and "bpu's" as they're so lovingly called in this community. And those of us who spend our lives in pursuit of speed, will continue to trailblaze for you.

Wow... givin me you-tube videos. Man, i can do that all day long. Obviously it shows that YOU know how to complete a 350 swap or etc. but come on your on a forum. And not all speed enthusiast(sp) know how to do a custom swap. Also for the headache of sourcing parts here and there, why go to all that trouble. When its been proven and the formulas ARE out there to add as you call BPU parts to make a bad Supra so your basically calling everybody on Supramania/Supraforums a dumbass for making a Supra whether in a 7m,1jz, 2jz because we put on PARTS to make more HP. Weird :dunno:

Oh well, and on my grammar. I could care less- obviously you can read it and so can others. And that works for me, am not in school and don't feel like going over everything like an essay. If your so bent over it, you can gladly correct it for me.

Anyways am done, you can say ur points are better than mine. I could care less. It just shows that yah, i can put a 350 in an import but once people start looking into it. They come to reality and figure up the dollar value have a way more sound car that many members are done before. Whats the point of making it harder when the recipe is there to make a bad Supra?

And oh my supra, not sure if it has to do anything with this 350 deal. But my 7m hasn't dynoed yet comparing it to other members with FFIM, 680cc injectors, vpc and the works. I guess i would say in the 400s just a guess. Well I dynoed 199.6HP when it was stock with a p&p. Also if you want I'd gladly send you the dyno sheet in a couple wks if you still wanna see my most recent numbers. I'd also gladly share my plans for me supra as well. Just let me know

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
tlo86 said:
ive seen the vette engine in a mkiii it was nice.

i say stop throwing fits everyone and stay on topic.

now everyone knows the best engine in the world is the 22RE. why? because i said so. end of thread. lol

um wow.

22re's OWN.

My dad has one in his 85' celi (now the 7mgte recipient) with 300k unrebuilt miles.

And he drove the shit out of that thing.. 22re is teh pwn.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Nomad707 said:
um wow.

22re's OWN.

My dad has one in his 85' celi (now the 7mgte recipient) with 300k unrebuilt miles.

And he drove the shit out of that thing.. 22re is teh pwn.

i sold my old truck to my uncle and he has run it to the ground at 350k miles (he cant take care of engines well)

i hope to take it back and fix it up again :) and a 7m would rock in those trucks.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I thought we as a community had gotten past the "It HAS to have a Toyota motor to be a Supra" bullshit.....:nono: (funny how those most vocal are the same people that advocate stripping out all of the features and comforts that make a Supra a Supra......)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Nomad707 said:
so how does this overrate them? it just means they are extremely efficient at creating power, with simple mechanics..

most SBC's are horrible inefficient at making power. LT5 or LS1's don't count as the mechanics of both where changed a LOT over the long standing SBC.

Dollar for dollar the cheapest option would be a 2J if shooting for big power/reliability/efficiency in a Supra. (I'd love to drop a 2J into a Cobra kitcar, but that's just me)

Straight six has 7 mains, V8 has 5... and many have 2 bolt mains, and even 4 bolt is nothing compared to Toyota's 6 bolt mains that they are using in their V8's...

If you must have a V8, a 1UZ drops right in IIRC (motor mounts and all)

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
A good friend of mine swapped a 350 into is 88 rx7... It's pretty badass.. ordered a kit online for an engine cradle, hearders, driveshaft an misc brackets that he needed for $900..... he's got all the standard 350 jazz on it like a 650cfm carter carb edelbrock (sp?) intake manifold etc etc, and he's using the T350 auto tranny...

t_v8rx7m_13f0777.jpg

t_v8rx72m_ff35395.jpg

t_v8rx73m_cf5ea8e.jpg

suprisingly... the hood closes....

t_v8rx74m_74dab03.jpg

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
^^not if you build them right^^

back on topic, your car, do what you wish with it. if you come to a SUPRA forum dedicated to the 7m, 1jz and 2jz then you might have come to the wrong place with that question. i myseld dont like the idea of an SBC in a supra, but a TT2uz would be the shit.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
DonS1mpson said:
They're Horribly unreliable from what I hear.

That's exactly what makes them bad, hearsay and the stigma that develops from the hearsay.

Hehe sorry I just got an 87 rx-7 a couple weeks ago for a daily driver and all anyone tells me is how unreliable they are. Have to defend my new baby.

As far as the supras go, I assume most people get them because they appreciate the Japanese styling and performance. If you appreciate carbureated v8s more than modern technology then you probably bought the wrong car. If your building a pure drag car I guess it might be a good idea, but that's not what the supra was meant for.

Last edited:

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
foreverpsycotic said:
^^not if you build them right^^

I don't know man. When dragon performance, one of the UK's leading Rotary tuners completely rebuilds a RX-7 only to have to motor go again of (IIRC) the exact same fault not even 10,000 miles (Hell, I think it crapped out at 4000miles) into the rebuild, I have to think that maybe there were some design faults from the factory.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
On topic, I remember seeing in a magazine that there is a guy over here running a chevy small block over here in a Red MKIII.

I'd like to see more people going down the UZ route, but in reality, they just don't seem to offer the bang for buck that american muscle motor offer.

Any fast supra is a good supra in my books, no matter what's under the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.