350 in supra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
lol then whats the point of swapping at all???

what you dont like, is ultimate creativity and artwork, and when people see it, they immediately know something is up.. i garuntee a supra with a v8 WILL draw a crowd

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
blackgamer16 said:
Are you serious? am not a domestic guy but isnt the 454 or the newer Corvette LS serious the bad boy of em all :dunno:

Anyways:

if you want a 350 go get a domestic, sell me the Supra or another member! .. PLease Please PLEASE don't put a v8 motor in a Supra or any other import for that matter. It just makes me throw up seeing one in an import. An import should have an import Motor- done deal. Thats my .02 cents- Flame me if you like!

Why?

Junior

Jul 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
blackgamer16 said:
An import should have an import Motor- done deal. Thats my .02 cents- Flame me if you like!

you're a ricer idiot. Is it about "keeping it in the family" or "being JDM mad tyte yoooooo!" or is it about going faster for less money?

personally I don't think the chevy 350 is a gift from heaven by any means, it's a piece of shit motor with MANY MANY MANY workarounds/compromises for shit that it was never intended to do.

you can make it fast and reliable, without a doubt, but frankly. I'd much rather just buy an LS1 and spend all my time worried about the "fast" part, and forget the "reliable" part, 'cause that's already taken care of.

did you know the original SBC was not designed to work with an oil filter?

OOOOOOOooooooooooooooo and as far as swapping a hot to trot, big cube, small dimension pushrod motor in goes... Viper/SRT-10 motors look like they'll fit, and can be had with tranny for 5-6 grand :love: :evil2:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
blackgamer16 said:
if you want a 350 go get a domestic, sell me the Supra or another member! .. PLease Please PLEASE don't put a v8 motor in a Supra or any other import for that matter. It just makes me throw up seeing one in an import. An import should have an import Motor- done deal. Thats my .02 cents- Flame me if you like!

Don't know man, last time I checked, you're not the person I consult when I mod my car; your opinion means jack shit to me...

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
Jeez people everyone has there own opinion about motors and shit just let it go

i personally dont like 350's but the supra with the twin turbo 350 is very unique and creative and i give the guy that did the swap credit for having a creative mind

Just let this subject die no need for anger and hate we all love supras so lets get along lol

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
I seen a bright red supra with a 350 in it. Looked awesome except for the hole in the hood, so it would shut with the air filter. Throw a scoop on that baby, and you have sweetness.

They put a red top sr-20 engine in a 65 mustang fastback for that tokyo drift movie, Does he have a problem with that too?

Quit acting like its sacreligious! You won't go to Hell for it, promise. :icon_evil

BTW dgilman360, Boondock Saints ROCKED! Love that movie.

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
AaronsSupraMKIII said:
I seen a bright red supra with a 350 in it. Looked awesome except for the hole in the hood, so it would shut with the air filter. Throw a scoop on that baby, and you have sweetness.

They put a red top sr-20 engine in a 65 mustang fastback for that tokyo drift movie, Does he have a problem with that too?

Quit acting like its sacreligious! You won't go to Hell for it, promise. :icon_evil

Yeah that mustang fastback in tokyo drift was sick as fuk

and the boondock saints are indeed FTMFW!!!!

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
OfnaRcR4 said:

Because if it belonged there- Japanese Engineers would of gladly put in a supra/rx7, 3000gt, name the works.

Anyways- Everytime i head up to the track, yah its cool that v8 guys got the big horsepower but something always breaks. I havent seen many that drive their car to the track, race it, drive it back.

Perfect example- Duan stephens- built his car, drove it to Cali, raced it and drove it back. NO way in hell a v8 guy would of done that. And it held, i highly doubt a 350 can take that kind of abuse. Not only that- once you mod a v8 most become strictly a Drag/Trailer Queen. I guess its nice having the 8mpg too once you hit that high HP number.

Another example: I remember Titan/SP engineering (really doesnt matter), built their race car- 900 plus and drove it on city streets infact even went thru a drive thru to get some grub..lol and it still has 28mpg. Damn thats the pretty d*mn good.
Yes, i am biased, i love the sound of an import motor any day of the wk ova a domestic. And yes, i do have respect for domestic motors since each one have Great Characteristics, and can be build Sound as H*ll.

Junior said:
you're a ricer idiot. Is it about "keeping it in the family" or "being JDM mad tyte yoooooo!" or is it about going faster for less money?

personally I don't think the chevy 350 is a gift from heaven by any means, it's a piece of shit motor with MANY MANY MANY workarounds/compromises for shit that it was never intended to do.

you can make it fast and reliable, without a doubt, but frankly. I'd much rather just buy an LS1 and spend all my time worried about the "fast" part, and forget the "reliable" part, 'cause that's already taken care of.

did you know the original SBC was not designed to work with an oil filter?

OOOOOOOooooooooooooooo and as far as swapping a hot to trot, big cube, small dimension pushrod motor in goes... Viper/SRT-10 motors look like they'll fit, and can be had with tranny for 5-6 grand :love: :evil2:

WOw... Ricer idiot... thanks for the comment... lmao Not sure what that have to do with a 350 or JDM tyte.

Obviously you are an idiot...People have Proven that 7m/ijz/2jz provides plenty of horsepower infact isn't a supra one of the top dawg of the import crowd putting down well than a 1000 plus horses. Also if your saying for the money putting down a 350 motor for a 1jz,2jz, 7m is cheaper, Your nuts! Obviously you got to source the motor, than the parts and than when you got all that you don't have shit! Making custom this making custom that. Adds up and man you got to have some creativity. OH wait, i guess you made a book- How to Swap a Domestic Motor in an Import for Dummies. I guess i missed that. Next

RazoE said:
Don't know man, last time I checked, you're not the person I consult when I mod my car; your opinion means jack shit to me...

I hope so but if you want to you can take a drive/plan trip to oklahoma and check my mk3 out;)

And like i stated its my oponion and i guess every Japense Engineer as well or else they would of put a 350 in an import a while back.

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
AaronsSupraMKIII said:

And yes, i have a problem with it. Just like the vast Majority of domestic/ Import guys that watched that movie as well.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
seems like you're building your car for other people, not yourself..

what a shame, the Supra's a great platform and I'll be damned if some internet bandit with a chip on his shoulder's going to tell me what to with mine...

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
blackgamer16 said:
And yes, i have a problem with it. Just like the vast Majority of domestic/ Import guys that watched that movie as well.

I think it was cool as hell. You can build your car how you like, and everyone else can build their as they like. I seen that mustang on the movie like I seen the Alabama boy dating the Hot Asian.... WooHoooo More power to him, and I would be all over that too! LOL

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
for the cost of the swap you could have made the 7m/1jz/2jz faster. big deal. Those engines are crap in terms of engeneering. VERY low power to fuel ratio.

Junior

Jul 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
blackgamer16 said:
WOw... Ricer idiot... thanks for the comment... lmao Not sure what that have to do with a 350 or JDM tyte.

Obviously you are an idiot...People have Proven that 7m/ijz/2jz provides plenty of horsepower infact isn't a supra one of the top dawg of the import crowd putting down well than a 1000 plus horses. Also if your saying for the money putting down a 350 motor for a 1jz,2jz, 7m is cheaper, Your nuts! Obviously you got to source the motor, than the parts and than when you got all that you don't have shit! Making custom this making custom that. Adds up and man you got to have some creativity. OH wait, i guess you made a book- How to Swap a Domestic Motor in an Import for Dummies. I guess i missed that. Next

where to begin with this. For starters. how many hp is your 7m/1j/2j making? is it more than 1000hp? if so I'll shut up and take a seat, but you've gone and ran your mouth, PLEASE back that up and prove me wrong.

Second: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TXLMR74nmY
This car comes with a warranty ^ yes, that was 220mph in 24 seconds, held the record for the standing mile for a couple of years, altho I understand that Lingenfelter has it back now. Will also pull a full g on a skid pad, so don't pull the "it doesn't handle" card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYdcIuB2vz8
this is a 350 chevy. hooray for LT5's. If that doesn't sound good to you, that's fine, sound is a subjective thing but to me it's a symphony (and many others I'm sure) and nomatter how you cut it, numbers don't lie. It's got what it takes.

your third paragraph (or atleast what I assume would have been a 3rd paragraph, if you understood grammar) seriously makes no sense and is so full of grammatical errors that most would think it was written by a 6 year old. I assume that you're saying that it requires knowledge and creativity in order to swap a "domestic" motor into an "import" chassis. You go on to suggest (I think) that it will take many custom parts and that I must have written a book on the subject because I seem to have done it before.

ok... assuming that is infact correct. Yes, it requires knowledge. You DO have to know how the car works, how an engine is secured in a chassis, how a driveline functions and how engine management and supporting electronics function. I know these things. So does anyone who builds a 1000hp 7m/1j/2j. I'm not claiming to be a deity, but I do have an understanding of the requisite systems, and I have made non-standard motorswaps before. I haven't written a book on the subject no, nor do I feel that a whole lot could be learned from a book. People that are interested in doing such things, are capable and able to do them. People who are interested in adding bolt on's because they don't understand how the system works and are afraid to step off the beaten path (you perhaps) WILL NOT READ THE BOOK. Reading the book would require cognitive thought, and god forbid, using a calculator and math in order to make it function properly. Therefor those people can stick to bolt ons and "bpu's" as they're so lovingly called in this community. And those of us who spend our lives in pursuit of speed, will continue to trailblaze for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.