$3000 to spend...

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Someone make me a good setup for $3000.. I have my own idea's but I'd like to hear others... this is specifically 7MGTE engine mods. HG and ARP's + New hoses /belts come first but you don't need to list any of that. I'm not thinking all cheap parts, but not all expensive either...

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
invest in my car, and i'll put your name across the back window.

anyway.... edit.

fuel pump... 550's... standalone or maft pro... hardpipe kit+ someone to weld them.. bigger front mount... upgraded CT or a bigger turbo.

oh yeah, suspension too!

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
57 Trim, FFIM, 550cc Injectors, SAFC (or standalone), FMIC (and hard piping), Lexas AFM, 3'' exhaust, downpipe, radiator. Just to name a few.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
SupraOfDoom said:
I can't handle that kind of power kwante...

My goal is around 450rwhp... I'm kinda thinking against a upgraded CT... I want it to last a little longer.

i had a 60-1 upgraded ct and it lasted well over 2 years..... if built right they last plenty long for the small investment into them.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
swaq said:
invest it

Financially, good call and remember...."A car is the WORST investment you can make"...straight out of the mouth of a financial advisor/investor

However, if you want to invest in your own personal happiness/satisfaction and plenty of memories (good and bad), i say have fun with it.

As far as the 3000, i suggest starting with the engine, rebuild with forged parts and machine it properly that way you won't have to worry about it later when you get all the fun stuff like a lot of people are jumping to. Unless of course you've done that already in which case get a new turbo, exhaust if you don't already have it, SAFCII or better, boost controller, 550/lex AFM combo and time on the dyno.

Last edited:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Idealsupra said:
i had a 60-1 upgraded ct and it lasted well over 2 years..... if built right they last plenty long for the small investment into them.

what kind of numbers did you put out with your 60-1? what was your DD boost level at that it lasted 2 years?

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i had a 60-1 upgrade. mine was on for 3yrs, driven 70 miles a day, running 16psi. it was still boosting fine when i took it off and sold it, but it was starting to smoke a little. but unsure if it was valve seals or the turbo. the guy i sold it to had jon do a bb upgrade on it so don't know for sure.

as far as the 3k:

pt61 turbo
make a manifold adapter or buy an xsp and reinforce, or buy used manifold
38mm tial gate
580cc inj
walbro pump
used vpc or maftpro
ebay ic
make your own ic pipes
make your own exhaust
k&n filter
manual boost controller or run straight off the wg spring
upgrade bov
afpr w/ lines

that should put you right at 3k, depending on what deals you can get on some of the used stuff and how much you can make your pipes and exhaust for. you might be able to get that for just a little under 3k. use the rest of the money for dyno time or a wideband.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
3000 doesn't go very far with out cars. i totaled my spending the other night and it was approaching 7k in mods...... and i don't have a suspension OR a built engine. it includes wheels and other small things too...... however, building a car takes money, time, and swearing.