2008 Supra MKIII - Project 1BYDFALT

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
That hurt!:cry:

(Time to move my bikes away from the car...:nono: )

-crisp

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
MKIII-DRIFTKING said:
UPDATE:

Never loan your bike...

My buddy was putting the bike back in the garage tonight after a quick ride. He tripped, fell, and scratched it a bit. I can live with that...worst part is, he fell on top shelves full of Supra parts, which hit my car and scratched the Sup badly...:nono: :nono:

pics tomorrow...long day. I need to rest.

:cry: is all I have to say..I don't want to see pics of the scratches........

CACressida

The Cressida Whore!
Feb 19, 2007
Modesto, CA
OMG I swear the second I read that my heart started thumping like crazy and my vision blurred. Please tell me your joking.. Thats an old pic right?!

If not ima personally drive all the way down there and whup ur buddies ass so hard he'd wish he never would've even riden your bike. Yeah, It hurt me that much...

Last edited:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Thanks for the comments guys...

is sorta funny... later on that night my wife was asking me (in that nice comfy tone) are you ok?

She thought I would be devastated. I'm not...really. I'm fine. So far, is just paint. The shop will fix it and my buddy will pay for it, so is cool. Everybody make mistakes... He's more pissed then I am.

I WOULD BE REALLY PISSED IF I SCRATCHED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Dave, there are no dents. Is that what you mean, or is this a double meaning type of thing?

I don't know what you mean :D

This is the only place where the paint got chipped off and since is the rocket panel (hard) it didn't dent it. The rest is just scratches.

IMG_3744_SMALL.jpg

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Hey guys,

I've been working on the car (rarely) as I can. Little things here and there. Just assembly. Nothing exciting. This is the boring part for most, as there are no cool custom parts being used...almost :naughty:

I've also been working on the dash, finishing the LED conversion and getting the Dashboard support bar painted, polishing parts, etc...:naughty:

The car is up on jack stands, but I haven't started working on the suspension. There is still hope to have the exterior complete by summer end. :biglaugh:

For the most part, as I said before (never do two projects at once EVER) I've been working on the cressida as well. Since is getting a fresh built motor and the motor is out, I'm painting the engine bay. Most of it is already sanded down.

IMG_3806_SMALL.jpg

CACressida

The Cressida Whore!
Feb 19, 2007
Modesto, CA
MKIII-DRIFTKING said:
Hey guys,

I've been working on the car (rarely) as I can. Little things here and there. Just assembly. Nothing exciting. This is the boring part for most, as there are no cool custom parts being used...almost :naughty:

I've also been working on the dash, finishing the LED conversion and getting the Dashboard support bar painted, polishing parts, etc...:naughty:

The car is up on jack stands, but I haven't started working on the suspension. There is still hope to have the exterior complete by summer end. :biglaugh:

For the most part, as I said before (never do two projects at once EVER) I've been working on the cressida as well. Since is getting a fresh built motor and the motor is out, I'm painting the engine bay. Most of it is already sanded down.

IMG_3806_SMALL.jpg
I'm keeping a close eye on your projects buddy.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Hey guys,

So I guess is time to update.

Master Brake pump, disassembled, clean, treated, painted, and reassembled w/ new gaskets.
IMG_3634_SMALL.jpg

Installed.
IMG_3637_SMALL.jpg

I cleaned the ABS unit as much as possible. Also painted the support. I will have a custom chrome case to cover up the top.
IMG_3807_SMALL.jpg

A/C coil before and after cleaning.
IMG_3812_SMALL.jpg

IMG_3813_SMALL.jpg

A/C condenser cleaned & painted. Also replaced old nuts and bolts with new zinc coated ones.
IMG_3856_SMALL.jpg

Dashboard Support Bar. It had some surface rust from sitting outside. Cleaned, treated, painted, and cleared coated. I think I spent like 2 hours on this alone.
IMG_3866_SMALL.jpg

I've been working on the custom wiring as well (Security system, audio, etc). Heating/cooling units are installed. All body speakers and wires, etc.

I've also been working on the chrome strips. I finally got some installed. WHAT A PITA!!!!! I had to remove the 3M tape the strips came with because it was a hair to thick and would make the strip stick out from the moldings. (I'm a maniac, it has to be perfect). Now is perfect. I should have pics soon.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
HOLY CRAP!

As usual... such nice work on your project... makes me feel ashamed.:icon_surp

...great inspiration!;)

-crisp

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Wow, and I thought i was spending rediculous amounts of time refurbishing these old parts! You're making me feel like I'm half-assing everything, even though I'm spending HOURS!!!

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Thanks for checking it out.

I installed some more Chrome strips. Ran out of 3M DF tape. Also installed the dash support bar and a few other things.

Got an intercooler today, but I'll use it for the Cressida instead. More to come.