2007 supra

Divin' Devin

Supra Extremist
Oct 8, 2005
Volusia county,Florida
anyone heard or seen anything on the anxiosly awaited new supra recently? I know they are known for being relased as a mid year split and 2007 would be an aniversary year. My wife is wanting another supra and driving me nuts about this rumor that has been stirring year after year.
-Devin:evil2: :evil2:

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
From all that I have heard there will not be another Supra. And even if it did come out it will have a very large price tag.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
I woudn't count on it too much.

My wager is it will be a Lexus badge anyway, like a detuned LF-A.

No real hard facts behind that, but thats what I believe.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
I've heard that they might bring something out to compete against the either the upcoming Skyline or the 350Z. It would be stupid of Toyota not to. Nissan has their 350Z and the upcoming Skyline, Honda has the S2000, Mazda has the RX8. Ford has the Mustang, Chevy's got the upcoming Camaro, Dodge has the Charger coming out in a year or two. If I were Toyota I would be thinking of cutting into this affordable sports car segment. Usually the only types of people that buy these kinda cars are people with discretionary income to burn. Toyota should know better then to rely totally on boring familiy cars, hybrids and trucks for sales. I wouldnt be suprised to see something for that segment but with a Lexus badge though. What happened to the gold ol' days?

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
No I dont think so. Supra people are bitter about this! Every other car brand lover has their halo cars and what do us Toyota fans have? A Prius? Bitch please! Damnit I dont want a 13 yr old halo car! I WANT A 2006 or newer car to drool over!!!

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
I am gonna write a letter to the folks in charge of product development at Toyota. Maybe we should get some sort of petition going or something!

Divin' Devin

Supra Extremist
Oct 8, 2005
Volusia county,Florida
wingman said:

Thanks, wingman for that juicy link. didn't think to google mark v supra. to the rest of you, sorry you have given up. maybe I just need a reality check, but I do believe the supra will be back. Especially with toyota entering nascar. They really can't think that:evil2: toyota fans will want to see a camry racing for very long out there. They will have to use a real sports car.I'm not a nascar fan, but I am a supra fan of all generations and didn't want to buy anew car until the mark v came out. I guess I'll just have to buy the wife something else and trade up when the time comes.
Thanx for the input guys
-Devin

Divin' Devin

Supra Extremist
Oct 8, 2005
Volusia county,Florida
RHDMK3 said:
No I dont think so. Supra people are bitter about this! Every other car brand lover has their halo cars and what do us Toyota fans have? A Prius? Bitch please! Damnit I dont want a 13 yr old halo car! I WANT A 2006 or newer car to drool over!!!

RhdmkIII-
thank god for believers and supra fans.Hopefully toyota will release some current info to keep us interested.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Oh speaking of racing, I guess Toyota is gonna start campaigning a Camry in NASCAR. I hope its as competitive as their trucks are in the Craftsman Series.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Divin' Devin said:
RhdmkIII-
thank god for believers and supra fans.Hopefully toyota will release some current info to keep us interested.

I guess I'am not the only one. Toyota are you listening? Granted a lot of us couldnt afford a new Supra if it were to come out but there are alot of people who could. If Toyota wants to continue their path to automotive world domination they should look into some kinda sport car. Preferably with Supra badge on the trunk!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Divin' Devin said:
RhdmkIII-
thank god for dreamers .Hopefully toyota will release some current info to keep us interested.
Fixed it for you. They have released info. Just not enough people will read it. Go google 2003 Supra, 2004 Supra, etc etc, and watch what comes up.

Toyota said in 2002, "*If* Toyota ever builds a sports car again, it will be in the Lexus line".

And this one is juicy. "Toyota is not a sports car company."

This was just before the new 4Runner, Sequoia, Scion, and all that other high margin crap they build. They are in business to make money. And trucks make money.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I think we all wish that a new supra will come out. But we all know that it will not be for 2007. If that were the case they shoud have already announced that it would be comming beacue the 2007 line is already out. And as Nick M said it will more likly be on the Lexus line beacue of the price and proformance.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Fuck this, I want 1992 back. If I wanted a sporty toyota I could choose from a Supra Turbo, MR2 Turbo, and Celica All-trac Turbo, or SC300/400. NOW WHAT THE FUCK IS THERE???? There's the tC....pathetic.