You know you're a Supra owner when...

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
supra90turbo;72367 said:
i hear you on the suspended license thing, man.
i just got mine back after 4 grueling months.
about two years ago, i lost it for 6 months.
and i always lose it in the summer, then park the car for winter...

ooh ooh, i got one.
"when you've spent more time owning your supra than driving it"

That has definately been my life as a supra owner. my first one i had for like 3 years and probably only got to put maybe 5000 miles on it the rest of the time it was out of commission.

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
i was driving this girl out to the dragstrip one day in my 87 turbo and after the blow off valve went off a few times she said "this thing sounds like its going to break, is it supposed to do that?" i said yeah thats the blow off valve, the look on her face was priceless, lol

TinyBubbles

May 3, 2010
Niskayuna, NY
When you've owned the vehicle for less than a week and you've already got multiple mods or fixes planned in each of 5 seperate stages according to priority and the timing of your paycheck...
you're right, IJ, I'm doomed.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
TinyBubbles;1563294 said:
When you've owned the vehicle for less than a week and you've already got multiple mods or fixes planned in each of 5 seperate stages according to priority and the timing of your paycheck...
you're right, IJ, I'm doomed.

you're usually "right" about such things ;)

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Everytime you walk out your door and see your supra, you realize there are still 10,000 things left to do in order to get the car to fit your definition of functional/fixed.. at least that's how I delineate.

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
You know your a supra owner when you take off the shift boot and ebrake cover and say "Damn i should have done that a while back"
-You can be driving down the road and immediately turn off the stereo and listen for obscure sounds and say to yourself "Hmm not again"
-You see a corvette and think yep i'll run you down, As soon as I get my engine swap done

mk3_supra

Jun 14, 2006
vancouver
When you use your jack handle to hold the hood up while you work on it
When you come on SM and look through video threads and imagine what yours' would look like on the road

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
mk3_supra;1568819 said:
When you use your jack handle to hold the hood up while you work on it
When you come on SM and look through video threads and imagine what yours' would look like on the road

Supra ownership tends to involve lot's of imagination, day-dreaming, pretending, school-girl-giggling, and engine-noise impersinations.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
*When all of your friends and family insist on selling the 'that damn car' to get something reliable because something breaks every other week, and you agree just so you won't have to listen to them anymore even though you know you never will but probably should.

*People ask "what's wrong with your car?" while your working on it, when there is really nothing wrong, but you know you should probably replace or test the part you are because it's going to break or burst or blow out soon anyway. And when you tell them it was 'fine, and what you're replacing/testing is working but you're working on it anyway' and they walk away with a seriously confused face.

It takes a real supra owner to truly understand why its so difficult to get rid of these money pits.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
... you're responsible for lowering the property value of the houses around because of the condidtion of the supra(s) in your driveway.

... the neighbors' kids are asking you "when is it gonna be done?"

I think I'm annoying my neighbors with my cars. They were very happy to see my blue get sold, along with the grey one getting done. They didn't seem happy about me working on my car again shortly afterwards. Ninja edit, thought of another:

... when you turn off any supra-ownership virgins from ever getting one.