XTD racing clutch kit?

supratj

god tina, eat some ham...
Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
i came across this XTD stage three racing clutch kit, i havent ever heard of XTD, so i was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of it, or if anyone has it and if its a good reliable clutch? thanx

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Go with an HPF bronze disk with your choice of RPS or ACT pressure plate.
IMHO anything that sells things in "stages" is aimed more at fwd tireburners.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
I agree with IHI, I tried the XTD3, but it was either on or off and would chatter very bad. I took it apart again and used the XTD pressure plate with a new stock disc for my hp needs.. I am happy with it now.(with the disc in the garbage) LOL :)

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
I am pretty sure the XTD is a stock pressure plate casting with heavier springs installed from the fact that "Toyota" was cast into it.

I was slipping the stocker clutch in 3rd, 4th and 5th at 13psi and it was not a "warn out clutch"

1000th post... ;)

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
When you try and let the clutch out slowly but instead of being smooth it kicks and bucks and makes loud screech noises making you feel like your a newbie driver at the drivethru window..

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
i have their stage 3 clutch kit and their 11lb flywheel combo. it is pretty grabby, but you get used to it. for the price i think it is worth it, all those other companies started somewhere too, so maybe someday XTD will be up there with the rest of them.

supratj

Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
ok well im hearing good and bad, my deal is i really dont have money what so ever, and the car has to get done bcuz im moving soon, and the only way that i can seriously get a clutch kit, is through ebay, bcuz i have the $500 credit limit on paypal, so i basically have to get a kit off of ebay, and this xtd sounded like the best deal, but i want it to be right, i dont want to have to change it soon or anything, if anyone has any suggestions or anything, please let me know....

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
I probably should not have called the disc, "garbage" in all fairness because I only put a few hundred miles on mine and it was seeming like it was grabbing harder. It definitely did not slip at any time.

Also, I was shocked at the amount of marks/scratches on the flywheel and pressure plate surfaces compared to the untouched 6 puck disc surface. I think the flywheel would wear out before the disc ever would..

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
A friend of mine bought a stage 3 for his civic turbo. Slips like crazy... Anytime he is on boost, it slips. He's boosting 5 psi with a d16, so he's surely no more than 140whp.

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
i guess i am the ony one who hasnt had a problem with the XTD? ill just have to see how it does down the modding path, with bigger HP and torque numbers coming soon.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
What are your mods now and what are your plans for future mods? How do you use the car? Is it a daily driver or is it going to see a track?

supratj

Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
well, im just getting done rebiulding the motor, stock rebuild, its taken a while,but money has been a big issue, now im just down to the clutch, i got the hks metal head gasket so i can run 10 lbs of boost, stock exhaust, just gutted both cats, intake, and i might be getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulater, its daily driven, dont take it to a track, but might eventually, mainly if someone pulls up next to me and wants to run, im gonna run them...

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Honestly, do an HPF bronze disk with a stock pressure plate, it will hold over 400 ft-lbs no problem.

supratj

Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
ok, well, like i said, i dont have the money, and it needs to get done, if hpf doesnt have paypal, i cant do it... so i guess im kinda screwed, i hope i dont have to get rid of it....