Worth seeing: Brand new 1990 Turbo Targa

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I was just wondering...when was the last oil change?? Or it will be fine with the oi that has been in it.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Brings back memories. Watching them prep it then later crusin' the PCH targa off on a warm June evening with 20 miles on the clock, inhaling that new car smell mingled with the sea and a cutie I'd met that afternoon who was clearly smitten with one of us. Never did figure out which. Didn't care either. That was a good day. Thanks Jeff ;)

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Mr. Helper Monkey said:
seeing cars like this always makes me wonder, who buys a brand new car, and then simply parks it?

I would buy one to park and one to drive if I had the money and if the car was something I thought might turn into something in the future.

Its just nice to see one new!!!!:icon_bigg

Reaper Man

I'm the responsible one
Jun 10, 2007
MA
MDCmotorsports said:
^Im wondering the same..... Where do you store a car like that for umpteen years....
I could see it sitting in a wharehouse all this time, dealership forgot it was there type thing

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
JJ: you suck, mine smelled like cigars when I bought it with 145K miles on it...

they seriosuly don't make em like they used to... look at the paint on modern cars compared to that.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Supracentral said:
Ah, I remember those days...

How many of us bought one new? I know JJ did. Who else?

I drove a brand new 92 one in late Dec of 91. I couldn't afford the $30000.00price tag. Toyotaville in West Fort Worth. I took it up on Loop 820 and did 115 mph in it and remember it being very smooth and quiet even at that speed. It was the same blue as kwnates car. **sigh**:love:

I would buy that car in Canada if I had that kind of money to spend, but I'd be afraid to drive it. So many undercarriage shots of it. I guess it's such a big deal to find a car that old in Canada without any rust on it.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
I would take the heater control and a few misc parts from it and put them in mine since they have less miles than mine :sarcasm: If it was white, then I would pay that much for it. :)

Duane

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
1990 Mk3 with 50 miles on it and will prob need a head gasket, expansion valve, cold start time switch, heater valve in another 50 miles........$50,000

1990 Mk3 built clean, 500 RWHP, upgrades galore, better looking and performing.......good luck getting $15,000

Silly......however very cool to look at.....would you trade your's for it??

jmanbball

Yellow Jacket
Apr 17, 2006
Hittin' the books at Tech
That car makes me cry.

Seriously, my eyes started to water while looking at it.

I would be torn if I bought it, whether to drive it or park it.

What needs to happen is for Toyota to buy it and park in between the MkIV and the MkII at their museum that doesn't have an MkIII.