WI Supra owners.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
^^^welcome!

So whos working on a project this winter?
Im in the middle of a 1jz rebuild (1.5 if the right bottom end comes along)
...anyone else buiding a beast?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I'm confused with what I want to do with my car at this point. I want to go turbo, but I'm not sure if I want to just buy a turbo Supra or do a swap. When it warms up, I'm going to see what's going on with the front of my car and why the fenders/hood/headlight covers don't line up like they should.

If I do swap, I'm going to wait to find a 1j or 2j to put in, and if it's a 2j, probably go na-t w/ 7m electronics. I'd do a 7mgte for the right (lower) price if it came with all the electronics/harness/ecu, though.

I need help.... >_<

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
well, my 7m-gte will probably be for sale soon:naughty:

By the way, If anyone wants an Aluminum 1-piece driveshafts, intercoolers, hardpipes, testpipes or anything along those lines let me know! send me a pm or just post on here.
I also have some random stuff from my parts car still so if anyone needs a part, I can hook you up!!!

Last edited:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
If the front part of my car is straight and everything (fenders and headlight covers are off a little bit), I might have to take you up on that.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Same, too cold out to do much of anything. I finally got my new hood struts installed so I don't need a broom stick to hold my hood open when I do any work. I also found out that my hood is misaligned toward the drivers side a bit, so I need to figure out how to fix that.

Other than that, just looking around for parts for my swap and trying to find an R154.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Nice! where did you get the hood struts and for how much? I need some and the broom stick just isnt going to cut it:3d_frown:

Just about every MK III supra owners hood struts are shot:biglaugh:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
na-tsupraking;1235049 said:
Speaking of which, I need some struts for my hatch :( The motherfucker is so heavy and a piece of wood isn't going to cut it anymore lol...

Lol, I hear ya there. I need new struts for my hatch as well. I plan on getting the ones for the turbo models because I have an 88 spoiler sitting in my garage waiting to be mounted. :naughty:

Just have to line it up and drill the holes. Oh yeah, paint too.

JERX88

MKIII OWNER
Oct 24, 2008
Cedarburg, WI
The weather is great outside right now. Spring is on the way, which means soon it will be time to bring out the supra. Altough mines isnt out from storage yet, I have been seeing a white pre 89, or at least that is what I believe I saw it to be, driving around the brown deer park in Milwaukee around rush hour every once in a while. I am just wondering if that person is on here, or someone knows who it might be?

Jeremiah

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I saw a super clean black 89+ turbo w/ WI plates driving north on greenbay through Pleasant Prairie today. Anyone know who's it might be?

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
did anybody actually get any parts from midwestwerks2jz?
I was trying to buy a 2jz from him, but he never got around to sending pictures. now I see he's banned. I guess I'll have to keep looking. :(

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
midwestwerks2jz and webbs7mgte are the same guy here on SM, and over on SF he's midwestwerks2jz and webbs2jzgte. It seems that he hasn't followed through on sending some parts to people over on SF either.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
JERX88;1242775 said:
The weather is great outside right now. Spring is on the way, which means soon it will be time to bring out the supra. Altough mines isnt out from storage yet, I have been seeing a white pre 89, or at least that is what I believe I saw it to be, driving around the brown deer park in Milwaukee around rush hour every once in a while. I am just wondering if that person is on here, or someone knows who it might be?

Jeremiah

Dude! I saw that car too!

Yeah Im really anticipating spring as well:biglaugh: