Why Fuel Cut!

Henke T

Jan 12, 2006
Stockholm
GrimJack said:
I feel compelled to point out that FC is caused by a combination of many factors, the single largest of which is the reading from the AFM. The other factors will still affect it, however.

I've been trying to find what thous "other factors" are?
This is mentioned in other places to but no one says what they are..

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
jetjock said:
Well, if yours is corroded to the point it's moving then yeah, you need to fix that. As Grim said, the housing shouldn't be hard to come by. If you ever do move the screw you can put it back to where it was at the factory by using the 2 digit code stamped in the housing it came with. Or just measure the distance from the head to the housing before you move it as that's what the code denotes in milimeters.

JetJock, can you elaborate on what you mean by the "head" and the "housing"? I don't quite understand what you mean there in relation to the AFM.

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
From what I have read and understand, when you hit fuelcut the ECU actually retards the timing by a huge amount, which causes the loss in power. I am guessing it would ignite the mixture when the pistons are already travelling down after TDC.

I do not see how this could have any negative impact on the engine or car as a whole.