Why Fuel Cut!

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
so... today i decided to change the plugs... then found out all my valve cover bolts were not even finger tight and were pouring oil into my galley... so replaced all that.. changed to hex bolts.. bla bla bla.. then i decided to look at my afm and see if i could abck out the screw.. well the screw is so corroded that the screw literally just pushes in and out with ease... im guessing thats whats causing my fuel cut at 12 psi... and sometimes even at 10 psi...

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
stratoayu said:
then i decided to look at my afm and see if i could abck out the screw.. well the screw is so corroded that the screw literally just pushes in and out with ease... im guessing thats whats causing my fuel cut at 12 psi... and sometimes even at 10 psi...

Do you have any idea why that screw is there? What it's design function is? Or that it might be sealed for a reason? It's not there for what you want to use it for and if you mess with it you'd better be prepared to accept the consequences of what it really does.

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
I have a similar problem of hitting fuel cut at 10psi. I have a 3" turbo elbow and exhaust system straight through with a boost controler fitted. I also have a replca blitz BOV. Under hard acceleration i get a huge amount of hissing like air is being dumped out throught the BOV. Should that happen or have i goit a massive leak somewhere. I can't see any holes or lose clamps anywhere.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
GrimJack said:
If your AFM electronics are still working, all you need is the housing - and that can be had cheap. I'm pretty sure I have one in my garage somewhere, you could have it for $25, if I could find it.

lemme know if u find that...

and no i dont know what the EXACT purpose of the screw is, nor did I adjust i.. im just looking for one in good condition.. well so that i can have one in good conidition

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Well, if yours is corroded to the point it's moving then yeah, you need to fix that. As Grim said, the housing shouldn't be hard to come by. If you ever do move the screw you can put it back to where it was at the factory by using the 2 digit code stamped in the housing it came with. Or just measure the distance from the head to the housing before you move it as that's what the code denotes in milimeters.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
yea i dont want it to eventually started corroding apart and falling into my turbo so id like to get one in nice shape. im going to have to get a mbc i think though.. with no washer on the wastegate i am hitting .75 bar and hitting fuel cut...

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
yay i found it!! i got a afm off a memeber and put it in yesterday and am happy to report that i am boosting at .9 bar (just over 13 psi) and not hitting fuel cut :D i wound out third twice and never hit.. usually i hit in 2nd, then tons in third. but so far so good.. i am off to the track next friday and ill see if my clutch will blow up lol...

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
yea thats why i have been searching so much trying to find it.. i have not been able to drive my car hard for the past 3 months.. oh well.. its fixed now :) unless it decides to pop up when i put my ffim on and ebay fmic...

KrZyV3

Apr 1, 2005
stratoayu said:
yea thats why i have been searching so much trying to find it.. i have not been able to drive my car hard for the past 3 months.. oh well.. its fixed now :) unless it decides to pop up when i put my ffim on and ebay fmic...

So it was just your AFM that was messed up??

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
thats what it seems like.. i replaced all the ic clamps with either brand new high quality wurm clamps or with t-bolts.. still hit. did spark plugs and valve cover gaskets (gaskets leaking like mad and pouring oil onto plugs) still hit. took out all washers out my wastegate, still hit at 10 psi. replaced afm and now i can wind out third peaking 13 psi at 3300 rpm or so and it doesnt hit :)

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
Mines still doing the same. I have a lexus afm in the garage but fear fitting it until i do the 550 injectors. What do you think.

stratoayu said:
thats what it seems like.. i replaced all the ic clamps with either brand new high quality wurm clamps or with t-bolts.. still hit. did spark plugs and valve cover gaskets (gaskets leaking like mad and pouring oil onto plugs) still hit. took out all washers out my wastegate, still hit at 10 psi. replaced afm and now i can wind out third peaking 13 psi at 3300 rpm or so and it doesnt hit :)

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
id think that if u have a wideband and a fuel prssure regulator then the 440's can keep up witht he lexus as long as your not pushing over like.. ~380 rwhp.

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
[

I have the afpr in my garage waiting to fit along with the 550s/ lex afm and apexi saffcii and apexi digital boost control. Just need someone who knows how to fit this stuff.

QUOTE=stratoayu]id think that if u have a wideband and a fuel prssure regulator then the 440's can keep up witht he lexus as long as your not pushing over like.. ~380 rwhp.[/QUOTE]

snake eyes

Dec 21, 2005
katy, tx
www.myspace.com
SP 7M said:
Yeah, you're gonna want to avoid hitting it whenever possible. Other than it not being fun to hit, you can do serious damage to your engine.

um, im gonna be asking for it, but how? its pulling spark which is making it not spark off the fuel which is preventing knock, now the tranny may not like you....

<l><l>