Who's interested in a CF Targa for their MK3?

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Hey guys, I have found a company out of MD that would be willing to organize a GB and make CF TArga tops for our cars! The only problem is, I don't have a high enough post count, or membership length on this forum. Anyways, I was hoping someone would want to step up and help me run this seeing as it's a great product that I am sure would sell on here like hot cakes! I would need 15 interested people w/ a 25% deposit and a roof to have a mould made. Send me a pm if you are interested in helping me get this GB underway!!!

Zale

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
this would be seriously cool, but...
Enraged said:
better be strong, the targa is a structural part of the car.
i don't want to lighten my car,and have a flimsy top.
however,if they make one for the mk4... must be strong

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
marc3 said:
this would be seriously cool, but...

i don't want to lighten my car,and have a flimsy top.
however,if they make one for the mk4... must be strong
If people think it's going to affect them that much, there are always the bars you can purchase to put on your targa to strengthen it up. (I cant remember the name of them for the life of me....)

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
CDNSUPRA said:
If people think it's going to affect them that much, there are always the bars you can purchase to put on your targa to strengthen it up. (I cant remember the name of them for the life of me....)

No company makes targa bars that install with the targa still attached. The individuals who made ones like that are not making them anymore at this time.

So, yeah, it needs to be as solid as the stock one. Increasing the weight of the targa top should not be an issue either.

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
CTsupra said:
No company makes targa bars that install with the targa still attached. The individuals who made ones like that are not making them anymore at this time.

So, yeah, it needs to be as solid as the stock one. Increasing the weight of the targa top should not be an issue either.
Didn't know that. I'll be sure to ask that as well. Please bring any of your questions to my attention so that I can have them answered ASAP!