Who Makes (Made) The Best Factory Turbo Car?

Best Factory Turbo car?

• Total voters

x10secondzx2

I love you.
Nov 25, 2007
Viera, Florida
www.myspace.com
Maybe I misunderstood the poll. Is it, which company makes the best turbo CARS. Or which company makes the best turbo CAR. Cuz if its over all then It would have to be Porsche. Nobody can argue otherwise. But if it is the best single car, then that is up in the air.
But my vote went for the Ferrari and the F-40.

steveo

Dec 15, 2008
Alberta
I voted for Nissan... As much as I love my Supra, I would give it up for a R32 GT-R. I was a passenger in my friends and there is something about how well it handled and accelerated out of corners with minimal upgrades (coilovers and big FMIC). I guess I am fairly bias as I have grown up in the age of F & F. I don't want to say that influenced my decision 100% but it definitely played a role.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IJ.;1326848 said:
I'd like to see your 1000hp Supra in the Stig's hands for a lap.....

I know several cars that are built to handle it...

He'll, I'd like to see some stock supras run around the track...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Porsche has spent decades trying to make a rear engines car into something amazing. All they've ended up with is a sports car instead of a supercar (carrera GT is the exception as it's a MR design).

Nothing like going ass first into a ditch if you're on the throttle too soon...

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Poodles;1327700 said:
I know several cars that are built to handle it...

He'll, I'd like to see some stock supras run around the track...

There is a MKIII with surprisingly minimal mods in the IL/WI area who is getting better track times then professional drivers with professional full race BMW's. I posted a video of him a couple times but MKIII's are great GT cars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC_rhauk6Lo&feature=channel_page

I posted a thread about him before. I took some pictures of his car it's nice. Huge brembo BBK in front.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Way too many different way's to measure a car to determine a single "best". But I do want to add the Pontiac GTA/TTA to the list. Think 3rd gen firebird with a GN 3.6 turbo in it. Great cars!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
suprarx7nut;1326102 said:
+1 for Porsche.

Variable impeller angle is simply amazing.

And amazingly simple in operation. International also uses it with their engine brake. They use the engine brake in place of a jake brake.

Best car? It is hard to argue against a 911 with 4WD. Any fool can be a hero in it. That F40 is simply outrageous.

I would rather have a 1000 hp Ford GT. If you haven't seen Turbo Joe's 20 minute video on yahoo, you need to. 1000 hp on the factory fuel system. When it came with a realistic 600.

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Off the top of my head, cool turbo cars...

-Typhoon/Syclone
-Grand National/GNX
-Turbo Trans-Am
-Any of the turbo Ferraris
-Supra (duh)
-Evos
-WRX/STi
-GTR
-MR2
-Celica all-trac

Now the thing is, there are a lot of great turbo cars that were never available in the states, so it limits the list a LOT.