Who has an addiction with dumping wayy too much $$$ into their supra

klaasjoe

Nov 27, 2006
Los Angeles
On my first supra I have receipts for over 15 grand I know because the car was totaled and had to send copies of reciepts to the insurance. but now on my 1jz supra i just spend and dont think cause it is too painful. It will be all worth it to have a full regulus 1jz with a cfx hood,full recaro int.,fully built head with bc small core cams, kaze 4light headlights (which just came in:love:) and lots of other little things.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I was discussing this with a bud last night and taking the 2 most powerful domestics on the Aussie market for comparison I've spent less get more power and far better economy with my Mk3.
(and goes without saying in a MUCH prettier package)

ALL of the mechanical wear items in my car are new so I forsee the service life as being close to the same.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Spent too much much to remember (or admit to)... Though I did get crazy and spent another $20 a few weeks back for a fuel filter ;-)

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
We're probably no worse than this poor guy. Imagine pooring money into a old datsun/nissan!! What was he thinking?:3d_frown:
p1088613_1.jpg

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
I figure its about $10k for a good running supra - third for the car itself, third for the body work, and the last third for the engine. And this is just basic upgrades and performance. Whats nice is I control how much I want to spend and when. I get to choose which upgrades are done. Still, its much cheaper than a modern sports car and much more unique.

I got rid of the husband, got the supra(s), and turns out I am far better off financially. Maintaining my supra is much cheaper (and more fun) than maintaining my ex. And the supra acts more mature and its 20 years younger.

I tell people that I hang out with an 18 yr old all the time. Get an even bigger reaction if I tell them the 18 yr old usually goes topless :naughty:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If I could sell my car and get what I put into it... I'd get out of the game.

Sadly it looks worse than when I bought it, and I'd probably only get half of what I bought that car for :3d_frown:

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
suprahero;1088629 said:
He was thinking his car looks better than 99.9999999999999999999% of all other cars on the highway.

Fixed that for you, there are maybe three cars I've ever seen in my life that I'd take over a Z like that.