Augusta, GA
www.myspace.com
computer%20upgrade.jpg

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Kai said:
Hitachi MAKE the Deskstar - they bought IBM's storage division YEARS ago. IBM branded deskstars were nicknamed 'deathstars' for their unreliability - since hitachi bought the division, they win again and again for speed, capacity, reliability, access time, power consumption....

Just goes to show you that I <3 dealing with old hardware.

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
hhmmm just put together for cheap recently

170 opty (stock speeds)
dfi lp expert (939)
1 gig of ocz ram(2-2-2-X)
8600gts
250 gig seagate
Xp

nothing special, but it plays games fine(hl2, portal, ect)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
honestly, I'm gonna hold out for the next server OS M$ makes so I can use that...

it's somewhat built off of Vista, much like XP and Server 2003 are close enough that drivers work on both...

as it is now, there is no way I'll put up with the packet reports from the kernel and the ability to not shut off the retarded bullshit I don't need...

Also, I don't get where you would say Wester Digital are garbage, they're one of the best these days... I've NEVER had a HDD failure, but I keep them cool and clean...

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i just upgraded my computer ~ i bought an 85$ video card im definitally upgrading that but i might wait until the next line is out..

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
$85 video card?

that's CHEAP, never paid that little... but if you're not gaming I don't see any reason to get the best...

I spent $300 on mine a couple years ago...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
yep... this is exaclty why I DO NOT buy the top of the line as the next step down is far cheaper and a hair slower in benchmarks...

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
yeah, I went told a retailer I wanted a TOP OF THE LINE Laptop, and he said some just came in, and aren't even on the shelves yet. $3,500.00 I bought it, and a month later new ones came out, Twice as fast, Half the price. You can imagine how pissed I was! :icon_mad: I now don't buy anything top of the line, or retail for that matter..lol

Poodles said:
yep... this is exaclty why I DO NOT buy the top of the line as the next step down is far cheaper and a hair slower in benchmarks...