Whats the highest speed you have ever gone in the MKIII?(nws)

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
KeithH;881196 said:
Speed-L.jpg

The most impressive gauge in this pic is the gas gauge.

I don't think I've ever seen a pic of someone's dash, and the gas gauge was above 1/4 tank. :D

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
Datsrboi;839845 said:
What is the highest speed you have ever gone in the MKIII. Is that with a stock transmission and did the car felt like it could go any faster? It just curious me after reading post after post on the MKIV guys hitting 140-160mph all day no problem :)

Sorry I have never gone that fast in my entire life. Fastest I have ever gone was 130-135 for 1 minutes in my old car and that was top that the car can handle. It was scary. (And yes it was open road and my car was set up to handle it blah blah.)
135 was fixin to hit the overdrive when i noticed lota smoke....now its in garage with new engine on stand waiting for me to put in next day or so :}and try again:}

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
was coming back from the mountains w/my b/f and a mutual friend we use to hang out w/. my b/f was in his car...our friend was in his s14 and i was in my mk3 (had only the n/a at the time). don't remember what my b/f was driving back then...he has gone through about 14 cars in the last 7-8 yrs. he's not rich...just lucky when it comes to getting these cars. my b/f and i were messing around on the freeway...it was late, no cars in sight. hit about 145mph. then i noticed the s14 drop back and my b/f too. i knew they both had radar detectors so i did the same. about 10-15 seconds later a cop flew past all 3 of us. lol

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
this is the only shot I ever gotten of my car going this fast before i melted the pistons, but I have hit the rev limiter (6900rpm) in 5th gear before. I was running the w58 + 4.3 rear end, so thats like 150-155mph. I was running "a little" rich, thats when I just installed my walbro :hsugh:. Also the reason I am reading no speed is because my speedo cable broke before taking that picture. EDIT: 2nd pic was the day I beat a 400whp zo6 on the runway we auto-x at. We were dead nuts even and I pull away 1 car length by about 1/4 mile which we setup for the race. I hit about 120mph that day on the airport runway.
highspeed.JPG
autox1_corvettes.jpg

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Quin;890982 said:
Your honor, I just hooked up a drill to the speedo cable! ;)

I am sure a jury full of freedom hating liberals with an axe to grind against hot rodders, high gas, and youth will buy that.

With out road would be difficult to prove logically. Seems like the guy in the F40 video from way back when was fined heavily.

Top speed needs to be an event at SILV.

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
I topped out my old 89turbo once and I will never go that fast again. I’ve hit about 100 in my white one. But I enjoy jumping on to freeway entrances more.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
The Supra, was able to handle 135-137MPH, on the front straight at Portland International Raceway, all day long, on a wet track. Going into turn four at 60MPH, it had to tolerate scrubbing all that speed off in the 200 foot brake zone, it did so with complete control.
The car was mostly stock except: Lex AFM, 50trim CT26, shimmed wastegate, three inch exhaust and RSR Race springs. The stock sawblades were shod with: BF Goodrich KDW with 1/2 tread left on them and Porterfield R4-1 brake pads. The front end was all new from Toyota six years ago and the rear subframe was replaced and had the bushings new from Toyota and traction bars from SuprsSport installed with harder bushings. Front and rear anti-sway bars are Tanabe Sustec, designed for the MKIII.
Consequently, the Supra is more predictable and controlable at its limits. Van

JZASeventy

Feb 6, 2011
Calgary
Hit the Stock speed limiter on my JZA70 so probably somewhere around 115mph, but still felt like she had so much more to give
Stupid toyota telling me how fast i can go....

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
JZASeventy;1695320 said:
Hit the Stock speed limiter on my JZA70 so probably somewhere around 115mph, but still felt like she had so much more to give
Stupid toyota telling me how fast i can go....

Heh, definitely more to be had from the car. I had mine up to ~148-150 with the windows down about 7 months ago. Kinda hitting the drag wall at that point though. ;)

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Took mine to 150 indicated (my gps says max speed 143, so I'll take that)playing with an s2000 on I5. Blew his doors off with a bone stock 7mgte...hondas do tend to disappear from sight pretty quickly at those speeds, though.