Whats the best DP to get for the Mk3?

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
when i get un-broke... however, i dont think i can get a stock baseline. my car is nearly impossible to put to stock.

id have to find someone in the area with a 100% stock mk3... hit the dyno and then put my DP on it.

wildfire0310

May 16, 2007
Dacula, GA
flubyux2 said:
when i get un-broke... however, i dont think i can get a stock baseline. my car is nearly impossible to put to stock.

id have to find someone in the area with a 100% stock mk3... hit the dyno and then put my DP on it.

Hey I am in Ga with a stock mk3... you pay the gas and I will drive to FL...

just need to get the starting issues fixed

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Is this statement based on looking at the downpipe or actual results? I am thinking of buying one and am curious.

Having a 90 degree elbow right after the turbo (like on the BIC) isnt the best for turbulence or pressure drop, however there must be some transition down...

As for the defcon it looks like a little more went into it than just cutting the pipesideways, it looks like it has a wider throat in the transition than the 3" dia of the rest of the pipe. I think the defcon could actually have a lower pressure drop and less turbulence (not sure about the bic ddp verison)

I could be wrong but i'd like to see test results...

MK3Brent said:
I'm sure you'd be the only one who'd say it... cause it's an awful DP.

Basically no smooth transition from the turbine exit to the pipe... it's like they just cut the pipe sideways and slapped a flange on it.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
flubyux2 said:

test mule for hire:biglaugh: