Whats the best DP to get for the Mk3?

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
I'm looking for something that dosn't hang to low is ez to install and it really dosnt matter of it takes place of the turbo elbow. Also it needs the 02 sensor slot and has to be at the most 300 bucks. Any ideas? Ive looked but the tanabe, hks and cooleeze seem pretty sucky to me.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Get a used BIC DDP and dont look back.

Hangs amazingly close to the car. Ive never had a problem with it hitting ANYTHING.

Dyno proven to make you get pressed into the seat much harder. Amazing welds, and overall an amazing product.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
s383mmber1 said:
Get a used BIC DDP and dont look back.

Hangs amazingly close to the car. Ive never had a problem with it hitting ANYTHING.

Dyno proven to make you get pressed into the seat much harder. Amazing welds, and overall an amazing product.

+1 on the DDP, I loved mine. I did have issues with it hitting, but my car is low. H&R's and Tokico's, and it would randomly hit on speedbumps and the like. I wish I wouldn't have sold it, I need another one now :x

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Cooleeze sucks, bad welds, and the HkS hangs way too low. I will be going BIC DDP come spring so I can ditch my current HKS down-pipe.

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
SUPRASTEVE said:
OH wait nevermind I found the best one for my needs and maybe for yours too!

http://www.jscspeed.com/mk3/exhaust/tms_mk3_downpipe.htm

JSC Speed ftw. i just bought my ssqv from them and it came on an upper hardpipe for the IC piping and whatnot.
but anyway, does the TMS downpipe route the wastegate and the exhaust flow into the DP simulataneously? wouldn't that create an assload of back pressure building up at the "elbow" area?

cactus_mole

Jan 3, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
dcrusupra said:
How about the Cooleze downpipe? Full 3" and replaces the elbow as well. I've been looking into it but haven't seen many people that have it.
I have it and like it alot. Maybe I was the only one that got it with good welds.:sarcasm: But, I it does hang to low for me, plus im on H&R's and I have to go slow and sideways over any speedbump...

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
Get a BIC down pipe! I've bought both the DDP and regular down pipe and their both great quality parts!

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
flubyux2 said:
im sure im the only one here who's gonna say it:

Defcon Downpipe FTW - The elbow-eliminator originator.
I'm sure you'd be the only one who'd say it... cause it's an awful DP.

Basically no smooth transition from the turbine exit to the pipe... it's like they just cut the pipe sideways and slapped a flange on it.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
Can anyone testify to the affect of the BIC DDR?
I have mine wrapped in header tape and painted w/ heat paint awaiting to be installed. Just waiting on tax time to replace the cat back!