what to change on return hose

Toyotaxtreamteam

Feb 26, 2006
Mass
i checked the leak that happened tonight looks like its one of the hoses that goes down from the power steering , whats the easist way to change them out please help i keep running into small problems with the car please help

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
which line?

the pressure line from the pump is a PITA to change unless you take off some parts. Haven't had to do anything with the return lines though.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Yea. The pressure line sucks to do. I did it without taking any extra pieces off and it was a PITA to do. Took me about 2 hours. But thats cuz I was doing it at night. Plus ur hands start getting all slippery and harder to hold everything.

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
dcrusupra87 said:
Yea. The pressure line sucks to do. I did it without taking any extra pieces off and it was a PITA to do. Took me about 2 hours. But thats cuz I was doing it at night. Plus ur hands start getting all slippery and harder to hold everything.

heh..someone else who knows the pain of fishing that line through there. I can't imagine doing it at night though :aigo:

Toyotaxtreamteam

Feb 26, 2006
Mass
changing out a starter or doing the pressure hose on the steering pump
i would like to know because i did the starter now its the hose so i will like to know what i am going into lol

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Pressure hose I would say is easier. I've never had to change the starter but I have had the tranny out a few times. Plus it's been a long time since I did the PS hose.

Toyotaxtreamteam

Feb 26, 2006
Mass
anyone have pictures of what hose is what on the power steering unit, like the pressure hose and return and why is there some metal tubing that goes where the headlights are

tropical 87t

Dec 18, 2005
Lake City, FL
I'm installing a new ps pressure hose today. Mine is spraying fluid everywhere. Never done it before. I'm about to lift the car up to do it soon. I'll try to take some pics.

I don't think your lines are even close to the headlights though. The pressure line runs from a banjo bolt into rubber hose from the ps pump, under the motor as a hard metal pipe, back to rubber hose to the ps rack.

Toyotaxtreamteam

Feb 26, 2006
Mass
well i went back out seems like it may be the rubber on return hose, thats the one that runs side of the pressure one going to a metal pipe that goes in the front of the car and back into the engine compartment

tropical 87t

Dec 18, 2005
Lake City, FL
I think you just need wrenches for the pressure hose. I thought just the pressure hose was leaking on your car. Gimme a little time and I'll send some pics of mine.