what to change on return hose

Toyotaxtreamteam

Feb 26, 2006
Mass
with my luck its the pressure hose, i have no fluid home looked in my shed, all i have is brake fluid, starter fluid, no freaking steering wtf looks like i gota go out just to get it all dumped out damn

tropical 87t

Dec 18, 2005
Lake City, FL
I'm about to remove the pressure hose, it does look like a real PITA!

I have pics of boths ends of it.

Attachments

• pressure1.jpg
    pressure1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 24
  • pressure2.jpg
    pressure2.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 26

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
I believe it's just a 17mm or 19mm wrench... I had to switch my whole steering rack out a few months ago... and now I need to finally put the lines back in... it's a peice of cake...

EDIT: it's just a tight area to work in...

tropical 87t

Dec 18, 2005
Lake City, FL
7M-GTE said:
I believe it's just a 17mm or 19mm wrench... I had to switch my whole steering rack out a few months ago... and now I need to finally put the lines back in... it's a peice of cake...

EDIT: it's just a tight area to work in...

Did you have to remove the lower rad hose to tighten the pressure hose at the pump?

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
tropical 87t said:
Did you have to remove the lower rad hose to tighten the pressure hose at the pump?

I might have b\c I think I might have swapped out rads while I was doing it... either way it's simple to take out the rad... one bolt for each hose and then two bolts for the whole rad... it's pretty easy... and actually I'll be installing my powersteering hose here soon when it warms up here in KC...

tropical 87t

Dec 18, 2005
Lake City, FL
Yeah, I was trying to avoid draining the coolant. Now I'm trying to loosen the clamp that holds the pressure hose down before it goes under near the oil pan. Looks like 8mm. It holds two hoses from moving around.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
wow. please make ONE THREAD about all your powersteering needs. i'm merging them all, because there's no need to have sixty bajillion!

-shaeff

Toyotaxtreamteam

Feb 26, 2006
Mass
finally done was just the return, that alone was a pain to slide new hose onto the piping carefully not to break the metal piping, how far after the little bulge on the piping is neccasary for the clamp to be by the way? mine slid a half an inch after the bulge should be fine started and no leaks