what rpms am i suppostu shift 1st and second gear?

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
what rpms should i shift 1st and second gear??.

my car makes this high pitched squealing noise when i try to go past 3500 rpms in first and second gear what do you think is making the noise.:icon_evil al the rpms seem to work fine close to redline in all other gears.

(pppsttttt...psststttt:sarcasm::naughty: im getting my liscence in 2 weeks) (how do i do a burnout :sarcasm:)

ignore if you wish^^^^

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
you can shift whenever you want, it depends, the sooner you shift, the better gas mileage you'll get (unless you shift WAY too early, in which case the car will stall and turn off, or "bog" in which case is not good either), the later you shift, the more you work the engine/transmission...

as for burn outs, give it gas, drop the clutch, then get on the brakes...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Wow dejavu!

Someone changed something in the Matrix

I could swear we had this exact same post a couple of years ago...... :nono:

NA Burnout is a bit of an ask for a few reasons.

Big Fat car

Squat from the rear end planting the tires

Not an excess of power

Usually a tired Clutch

End result is you need to be quite savage on the clutch to get it spinning and if you get it wrong you just burnout the clutch. (well I guess that's a burnout of sorts)

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
IJ.;1056568 said:
Wow dejavu!

Someone changed something in the Matrix

I could swear we had this exact same post a couple of years ago...... :nono:

NA Burnout is a bit of an ask for a few reasons.

Big Fat car

Squat from the rear end planting the tires

Not an excess of power

Usually a tired Clutch

End result is you need to be quite savage on the clutch to get it spinning and if you get it wrong you just burnout the clutch. (well I guess that's a burnout of sorts)

I wouldnt really say that ij....I can breakum loose with a 2500-3000rpm clutch dump.....although I do all the sudden have a blown wheel bearing LOL.

N/a isn't that gutless.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
gaboonviper85;1056576 said:
I wouldnt really say that ij....I can breakum loose with a 2500-3000rpm clutch dump.....although I do all the sudden have a blown wheel bearing LOL.

N/a isn't that gutless.

What part of my post didn't you understand?

200 crank hp in a 3400+ lb car with reasonably wide tires isn't going to break traction easily.

You have to work at it and as I said most NA Clutches are tired and WILL die with this sort of abuse, you forget I've owned my car for 10 years and it started life as an NA.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
IJ.;1056582 said:
What part of my post didn't you understand?

200 crank hp in a 3400+ lb car with reasonably wide tires isn't going to break traction easily.

You have to work at it and as I said most NA Clutches are tired and WILL die with this sort of abuse, you forget I've owned my car for 10 years and it started life as an NA.

to be honest I damn near ignored everything you said and let my verbal diarreah just flow ramped out of my mouth....only reason I can think of.... Hope it works! LOL

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
the NA is gutless vs the mk3 haha. The 7mge would be/have been a perfect motor for the mk2. mine would spin wheels but i did tear up my clutch. Will an auto NA even brakestand? Or does it just load up and sit there? As far as shiting, if your flat out gunning it, just shift when you feel the power fall off. Youll notice it. if your just cruising around, just shift to where it wont bog in the next gear. just takes a little while of driving the car and youll learn it well. Just dont tear up your clutch untill you have some practice with it. My na was my first manual car so i learned on it and took it easy for months!

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Just shift around 2500. Unless you're gunning it, then, like mentioned, when you feel the car losing it's pull then that would be when to shift.

Even if the car was not N/A, forget the burnout (if you were serious :icon_razz) and just cruiseee...the supra is is an awesome car to cruise around in. Enjoy life :) .... (or you'll end up like IJ :nuts:)

:rofl:

P.S. *supposed to* sorry, but I had to, couldn't resist, yours was just way off :icon_razz.

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
IJ.;1056595 said:
11,000 don't be just like everyone else ;)

I lol'ed.

To OP:If your half interested in keeping your license and proving both Darwin and your Insurance company wrong, lay of the shenanigans until you've got some driving experience.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
sil;1056693 said:
i Lol'ed.

To Op:if Your Half Interested In Keeping Your License And Proving Both Darwin And Your Insurance Company Wrong, Lay Of The Shenanigans Until You've Got Some Driving Experience.

Qft