what do you use to jack up ur lowered supra

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
You need a set of these Takata L.D.S. ramps so you could get your jack underneath your car.

1_05_02_2007_09_32_Takata_Wheel_Ramps_With_Car.gif

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
mkIIIman089 said:
I think the mud flaps would have to be touching the ground for the stock one to not work. LOL.

It's much easier to use a hydraulic floor jack, only getting one low enough to fit under the subframe is a little daunting sometimes. It's either that or like has been mentioned a couple times drive up on something 1st.
ok i see, i was just thinking about as a, what if i get a flat on the road or something deal.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
I have 4 jackstands and a floor jack. I can get my entire car off the ground in 5 minutes. I jack it from the sides. Floor jack under the front side jack point, jack it all the way up, one stand goes where the lower control arm attaches to the cross member, and one under the rear cross member where it bolts to the body. Go around to the other side and jack it up and place it on those 2 stands.

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
because it's horribly inconvenient to do it the factory way without a hoist or a very low profile jack.

The subframe mounting points and the front jack points are among the strongest, most stable, and easiest points to hold it up. I usually jack the nose first using the x-member, and place stands under the front side jack points. Then lift the rear with the diff, and use the subframe to body mounts to place the stands. Given the subframe mounting points hold the car up, provide a nice large surface area flat spot to put a good sized chunk of a 4x4 so the stands don't chip the paint and -surprise- also are the actual parts transfering the load of the car when lifting by the diff and the x-member anyhow, why would you consider this so wrong?

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Fine, you don't want to do it properly, no skin off my back. Just don't ever come near anything I own with that mentality.

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
My jack doesn't fit under the front of my car anymore either :(

Gonna have to have my friend lift the car up a bit to slide the jack under.

Low profile jacks ftw, I want to get one.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
a craftsman 3 ton floor jack, then place 4 jackstands under the car on the stock jack points. done. (its only a 1-2" drop)

808mkiiisupra

Apr 1, 2005
The HOme OF the Grass Shacks
haha well i dont jack it up using the stock scissors jack or the factory lift points because the jack ruins the pinched metal....i wanna lift it from the front frame rail area without driving on block i hate that.

also all i hear is craftman or harbor freight... i live on this island that doesnt have harbor freight so craftman is the recommendation. but after reading the reviews on the sears.com site man it doesnt sound too good.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
mkIIIman089 said:
^Congrats on doing it completely wrong...........
Quit being a twit, how can jacking and supporting on structural members be completely wrong? Come back when you have something useful and intelligent to contribute.:runaway:

Once again, the question asked was in reference to cars that have been lowered and can not be jacked up from the front conventional jack point. I used to jack it up from the side and place blocks under the tires, then go in from the front and jack it up from the cross member, yada, yada, yada. It's so much easier to just jack it up from each side, and before you go off again, yes it is completely safe.