what do you use to jack up ur lowered supra

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
the factory lift points are stronger than they appear, putting a jack on the actual "frame" (in other words the boxed in area behind the factory lifting points) can dent or deform the frame as it's NOT meant to hold that sort of stress.

If you're worried about chipping the paint on the factory lift points, use the hockey puck solution, or buy the receiver for the jack.

Using the subframes to support the car is fine (they do that anyway), but it doesn't allow work to be done on many things (like trying to drop a subframe).

The craftsman low profile jack is OK...my friend has one and they only issue is you have to check the fasteners on it as they all get loose...

theDon

The Don
Mar 31, 2005
Med-City, USA (Rochester, MN)
GeneStarWindGSW said:
At Sears there selling some 12 ton jack stands. Only jack stands i'd feel safe under the supra ;)

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...EARS&sid=I0093600100004900085&pid=00950340000

other then that if your car is too low, just use a hydraulic jack to get the car lifted high enough to put the jack under. I don't know about ya'll but i don't like being under cars. 125LBS vs 3500LBS :\

LOL I have the same, and I have 8 of them! LOL

Sears or Summit racing sells a VERY low profile jack to get under any lowered car, that'd work too.