what do you run 91 or 93?

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
93 or 110.

funny thing, the last time i filled up the supra it was 1.89 for 93. however, the last time i put gas in it was nov 2004 lol.

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
91 octane would actually make it harder to pass smog because the higher the octane the harder it it to ignite and burn completely. 87 burns very quickly and ignites easily, witch is why it is horrable to run under boost or very advanced conditions. But for a smog test 87 is great because you never see boost on a smog check and you want your timing set to spec, not advanced, so you can run a lower octane fuel to keep hydrocarbons counts down and have a more complete combustion.
Having said that. I would like to add that If your vehicle is kept up with regular maitnance and is in good operating condition with your emissions equipment in working order then you should have no trouble passing on 91 or higher octane.

I personally have to run 91 with octane booster because ca gas is sh!t
sorry for the hijack

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
heres what the owners manual says
"FUEL:Use only UNLEADED fuel, Research Octane No. 91 (octane rating 87) or higher. For improved vehicle performance , the use of Premium unleaded gasoline with a Reasearch Octane No. of 96 (Octane Rating 91) or higher is recommended."

I personaly would never trust 87 in a turbo car, but maybe thats just me.