What did you do to your supra today? Pics

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Backlash2032;1984472 said:
Decent mid bass? Never had a Supra that had any mid bass / bass.. atleast from the speakers lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I think its decent, but I am not all that knowledgeable with speaker systems so others opinions may differ. Its more than before with the 4" ones for sure. They aren't making bass like a sub woofer would, but it is still decent I think. I know my dad's 09 Tacoma has an almost overpowering amount of bass that it produces with just the stock speakers and headunit. These aren't overpowering, but could maybe use a little more. An amp would probably help with that. I still think its good considering I didn't make sealed pods for them or dynamat the doors or anything like that. It's also pretty good for a 27 year old car. (Wow, I can't believe it is 27 years old now)

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Silver MK3;1984479 said:
I think its decent, but I am not all that knowledgeable with speaker systems so others opinions may differ. Its more than before with the 4" ones for sure. They aren't making bass like a sub woofer would, but it is still decent I think. I know my dad's 09 Tacoma has an almost overpowering amount of bass that it produces with just the stock speakers and headunit. These aren't overpowering, but could maybe use a little more. An amp would probably help with that. I still think its good considering I didn't make sealed pods for them or dynamat the doors or anything like that. It's also pretty good for a 27 year old car. (Wow, I can't believe it is 27 years old now)

Maybe I'll have to pick up a set of unmolested rear pods and some JBLs.. currently have a half assedly done 5x7 swap in the rear.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Backlash2032;1984514 said:
Maybe I'll have to pick up a set of unmolested rear pods and some JBLs.. currently have a half assedly done 5x7 swap in the rear.

I doubt you would be able to fit 6.5" speakers in the back. I put 5.25" speakers in the back and it was about as big as you would be able to go due to how narrow the pods are.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Backlash2032;1984529 said:
Yeah I meant stock size jbls. I want to go back to stock size if not a hair bigger, but yeah lol

Ok that makes sense, I misread it as putting 6.5" back there. I think the stock rear size was 5" but they are impossible to find so you have to go with 5.25". Mine fit well, I just had to drill new holes for them in the boxes.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
I did the climat control mod and tems loved the way they look. My iPhone doesn't seem to like blue light so it looks brighter than they really are. Tems buttons need a touch up as well.
e5ujy2eh.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d
14/01/13/hejyteme.jpg
Also my muffler was falling off so removed it sanded and painted it and got a new clamp since old one was busted ha
qyqabage.jpg
u4epy6ym.jpg
jagusy2a.jpg
batetuqu.jpg
this is only temp till I get a 2.5" exhaust from what Ive read it's the best diameter for a N/A?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Thanks! How do you do that? I couldn't figure out how to take it apart and I didn't wanna break it? Or are you taking about the normal and sport buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
supraguy@aol;1984657 said:
Climate control looks good- but you should have replaced the temp display with blue or red as well.

Just re-read this I thought you said TEMS not temp ha, Were do you find those? Ive searched cant get a part# or find them? I didnt know you could that would be awesome.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
drogon;1984816 said:
Just re-read this I thought you said TEMS not temp ha, Were do you find those? Ive searched cant get a part# or find them? I didnt know you could that would be awesome.

I think I have info in my sig thread. At work now, so I don't have a bunch of time to check. If it's not in there, let me know. I have the digi-key part numbers somewhere.

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
suprarx7nut;1984833 said:
I think I have info in my sig thread. At work now, so I don't have a bunch of time to check. If it's not in there, let me know. I have the digi-key part numbers somewhere.

Yea I read through that first I you mentioned you can change it, I found it by searching info from the White one that was trying to be sourced but never was on another thread. I just cant seem to find a website that doesnt sell them in a bulk of 800+ haha Let me but let me know I also dont want to buy the wrong one.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
AbsoluteSpeed;1984850 said:
Can't say I like it.
Doesn't look like a toyota at all and seems like they are trying to give it a super car feel.

I don't care
chances are if it makes it to production it not only will be way too expensive for me but also will most likely be slower than my mk3 will be

and come final production it will probably resemble the camry

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
it;s the toyota FT-1 and they're not officially releasing it as a supra which is good considering it's probably going to be another overpriced hypercar like the LFA no one can afford. They should make a budget supra though, their was talk about bmw and toyota making one something like scion's fr-s

Last edited: