What Car can you compare to the 89 Supra?

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
I drive my girlfriends 95GT stang alot and it handles damn good (hardly any bodyroll)on nice flat pavement lol the littlist bump of uneven pavement will upset the soild rear axel and make it squrlly

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
dababiboi786/supramaniac;908834 said:
there is a 89 turbo supra w/ about 150,000 miles on it i wanna buy sooo bad but my dad thinks i should get a 95 v6 camaro. if i get the camaro im thinking of putting a ls1 engine in it. What do you guys think? (camaro has 90,000 miles on it)
gm = crap... they build their cars with a short lifespan in mind (as long as it'll hold together till the warrantee runs out, that's their only concern) IMHO toyota = much better quality

I used to drive 500 or so cars a day at work, so believe me when I tell you, those cars fall apart, and fast

not to mention, the thought of buying a v6 camaro is absolutely appaling

on another note, the 89 soarer gt limited is comparable to a 89 supra turbo :D

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
i mean.. what are you gonna do when you get your v6 f body... give it exhaust? lol

'hey check this shit out man!!' BWAHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

... and you know what those wah's sound like

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
tank-large.jpg

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
redmaro;910281 said:
In 1995 the V6 camaro only came out with a 3.4L engine, which is even slower. But they are reliable cars for daily driving(I owned one). Many Camaro V6 owners with the 3.4's engines have trouble braking into the 15's in the quarter(It takes allot of work.):aigo:

3.4L camaro Specs::biglaugh:
160hp at The crank
200Tq

They make all their peak toque at 3,600 RPM's

i was referring to the Grand National Regal.

Lazaris

May 7, 2007
New York
zambini;910643 said:
i mean.. what are you gonna do when you get your v6 f body... give it exhaust? lol

'hey check this shit out man!!' BWAHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

... and you know what those wah's sound like

LOL! Couldn't have said it any better. Reminds me of all the pos civics that try that.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
if moneys an issue how about a stock 7mgte into a ma61?shim the turbo and add an exhaust and a decent downpipe and you could get into the 13sec.?:biglaugh:

rocketguy13

Sep 5, 2006
dallas texas
i sold my 88 turbo for a 3000gt vr4. that was a big mistake. the car is cool looking and handles great but its so damn heavy that i got spanked by camaros and trans ams all the time. stick with the supra. and camaros are all over the place. cant throw away an old 350 without hitting a gm f body...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Why all the camaro hate?

3rd gens are buckets, but they will outhandle a supra when properly setup (lighter car, lots of camber, ect)

4th gens are nice, the LT1's have a weak area (called the Optispark, it's a nightmare), but respond well to mods.

If you're gonna buy the camaro and swap engines, you might as well start with the V8 car as it gets nicer features and has all the supporting features for the V8.

Or, screw that, get the supra, dump the money into getting a metal headgasket installed properly and then get good supporting mods and stomp on modded LS1's.

It's really up to you, what car fits you, the emotions each ones gives you. Personaly, F-bodies are nice, but Supras do it for me...