What BOV should i go with

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
The car was designed for recirculating. That being said, if you want everyone to hear your 'Pssssshhht' when you boost and you don't mind dealing with the popping and occasional stalling, then vent to atmosphere.

The choice is yours grasshoppuh...

For the 57 trim CT26 and 3" exhaust I have, I too had surge. Bought a Raptor BOV which I recirculated back to the accordian hose (1-1/2" hole bored in the accordian with sheet steel flanges and secured 4-40 screws on a copper pipe tee, 1-1/2" OD). There was one problem with the Raptor: The diaphragm was stretched and in tension with the valve fully open. Had to make about a .150" thick ring spacer with screw clearance holes to put UNDER the diaphragm to avoid stressing it. Valve is mounted on hardpiping where it comes through the right inner fender. Discharge is piped to the copper tee with 1-1/2" ID tygon hose from Lowes. Works fine.

BernieK
'91T, non-targa, refreshed JDM, Walbro, Lex, 550cc ND injectors, 57 trim turbo at 17 PSI (at 3000 pipe), '98 wheels and engine mounts (strong!), Lipp, modified stock FPR, Treadstone IC, hardpipes, Cometic, ARP, Random Tech 3" single cat downpipe, HKS LE-T16 exhaust, Cometic, ARP, Exedy organic clutch (street use), Cr-Mo light flywheel, Raptor BOV (recirculated), deflashed valve bowls, exhaust helicoils, tower strut.

92-supra;1320604 said:
I was in a bad wrech and my 240 was totoled out and while i was in the hospital my Family bought me a 92 supra stock 7mgte and sadly auto long story short finally got her to start and she has compressor surge i was reading and most likely i will need to get a recirculating bov due to the fact the 7mgte dose not like a standerd bov that vents to the atmosphere any help would be great:icon_bigg

1992supraman

Dec 1, 2007
Corvallis, OR
92-supra;1321292 said:
where can i find the bosch 110 BPV

you can pick them up from any saab/audi dealership as they are stock part on the 1.8t cars. The price is about the same or less depending on the dealer and you wont have to wait months for it to arrive from 935. Ill look and see if I can get you a part number.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
1992supraman;1321915 said:
you can pick them up from any saab/audi dealership as they are stock part on the 1.8t cars. The price is about the same or less depending on the dealer and you wont have to wait months for it to arrive from 935. Ill look and see if I can get you a part number.

i got mine in about two days free shipping. :dunno:

google shopper kicks ass!